TB's rescued from stud

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I don't think Hillside rehome any of their animals. They just keep collecting more and more animals without the land or funds to care for them.

Absolutely agree with the comment above about licensing rescue centres.

Yes there was a woman posting on Facebook asking people to contact her if they could rehome any of them. My scam radar went off at that point.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I looked into this yesterday, the local huge vet practice were involved in trying to rehome the horses and there were many offers of help, however the owner then decided he wanted money for the horses and for the adopters to cover outstanding stud fees as most of the mares had been covered again! This is classic case of over production of rubbish that is no benefit to the horses. The stallion was used to cover some of the mares. Hillside I believe went to the BBC to get loads of publicity for 'saving' these horses. I think being PTS would have been much kinder - using the words 'Sent to Slaughter' is very emotive. I have no sympathy for the owner in this situation, just feel for the poor horses, they had the chance of being homed to people to had half a clue about how to deal with them but now they are at Hillside.

honetpot

Visit site
As I understand it Hillside is a Limited company and the land is linked to the main director. My information is from,
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03027338/filing-history
I am no an accountant so may have misunderstood the documents.
My main concerns are they do have a lot of money but seem to what to pass themselves off as a very small outfit staffed by mainly volunteers.
http://www.hillside.org.uk/index.htm
If you look at the website and it seems to 'save' all types of animals, but they are not a Registered Charity which seems odd although forming an incorporated company is a way of protecting the people involved from personal debt and or may be tax efficient. Which if you are a member or trustee of any club is worth thinking about.
With all the concerns about big charities this may be just of way of making them different, but for the amount of turnover its not very professional or open.

'Hillside Animal Sanctuary is home to 2000 Rescued Horses, Ponies and Donkeys, 425 Rescued Cows, 600 Sheep and Goats, 350 Pigs and lots of other rescued animals and birds.'
The mind boggles.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
iirc it was set up by someone who used to be involved in redwings?

they seem to me to work very much on the 'we will step in when no one else will (though probably sometimes not giving others the chance to if the story is a good one) and yes I do think they work on the we are small and caring yet having a massive amount of animals.

Nasicus

Visit site
Wow, knowing the money they make and their leaning on the 'we're small and caring!' angle, that makes their outdated, small business style website look really calculated and designed to manipulate peoples perceptions! I wouldn't be surprised if they had a 'style guideline' for anything they post on there, probably something along the lines of 'must look like a tech illiterate old dear made it' hah

popsdosh

Visit site
They are a company because they would not be able to full fill the requirements to be a registered charity . That should tell you something. Im guessing admin will have been having dialogue with them over this thread as they miss nothing and are quick to jump on detractors lol.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk

Velcrobum

Visit site
I looked into this yesterday, the local huge vet practice were involved in trying to rehome the horses and there were many offers of help, however the owner then decided he wanted money for the horses and for the adopters to cover outstanding stud fees as most of the mares had been covered again! This is classic case of over production of rubbish that is no benefit to the horses. The stallion was used to cover some of the mares. Hillside I believe went to the BBC to get loads of publicity for 'saving' these horses. I think being PTS would have been much kinder - using the words 'Sent to Slaughter' is very emotive. I have no sympathy for the owner in this situation, just feel for the poor horses, they had the chance of being homed to people to had half a clue about how to deal with them but now they are at Hillside.

Could you name the stud PM if you do not want to say publicly.