teaching pony

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
so, my brain is now working overtime. If G really does have some brains in there somewhere, maybe I can teach him a few new things?
Starting with how not to bite and generally maul people.

How would I go about this? I don't tit bit him ever btw.

Secondly, how to stand up properly. we wouldnt mind having a go at a little showing, but I havent the foggiest how to instill in him how to stand square. he just fidgets.... It'd be quite nice for him to be able to be shown at his best.....

can anyone recommend any good books or tips??

Loopy_laura

Visit site
my friend skwirts her mini monster with water on his nose when he bites and he has stopped it in a few days! she had water in an old fairy liquid bottle and had it in her hand whenever she was doing stuff with him!

Loopy_laura

Visit site
i personally only ever had one that use to bite.... i got him gelded!!
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I once saw someone use a method I think has been mentioned on here before. Her yearling colt ran up and bit her on the back, she instantly screamed and yelled and waved her arms about and chased him around and around the field (fortunately only a small one, this was planned) He was so bemused (I wouldn't say scared) that I don't think he ever did it again.

vieshot

Visit site
I no many people will disagree with me on this but when i first got my forester, he bit me while i was picking out one of his feet so i turned round and clouted him one, HARD. Hes never biten me since and ive had him 2years now.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that one.

I have resorted to smacking his nose on occasion, but it doesnt deter him, he just gets annoyed and waits till I turn my back and does it twice as hard......

vieshot

Visit site
Turn round and hit him twice as hard then, hel soon learn that hurting you means your going to hurt him back