Dressage Team Quest - idiots guide needed

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
Hi there, can anyone please explain the Team Quest dressage events to me please. My friends are so confused! Are there unaff classes as a warm up to TQ regional etc? Many thanks in advance

abbijay

Visit site
TQ is the same as affiliated dressage but without the pros competing and with a more relaxed dress code as well as reduced membership and (certainly in my area) lower entry fees. All tack and competition rules remain the same.
The eligibility requirements are generally similar to affiliated bronze level (but do check for whatever level you enter as it is not the same).
There are no unaffiliated warm up classes at these events (either qualifier shows or the finals), unless they are a big venue and running them separately. To qualify for the finals you need to get to enough shows to secure points on the leader board. You need at least 3 of you in a team to record a score, can have 4 with a "drop score" and get points according to how high you place in the competition.
It is good fun, i love being able to wear team colours and go out with my friends rather than the usual solo dressage outings that are available to most people.

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
TQ is the same as affiliated dressage but without the pros competing and with a more relaxed dress code as well as reduced membership and (certainly in my area) lower entry fees. All tack and competition rules remain the same.
The eligibility requirements are generally similar to affiliated bronze level (but do check for whatever level you enter as it is not the same).
There are no unaffiliated warm up classes at these events (either qualifier shows or the finals), unless they are a big venue and running them separately. To qualify for the finals you need to get to enough shows to secure points on the leader board. You need at least 3 of you in a team to record a score, can have 4 with a "drop score" and get points according to how high you place in the competition.
It is good fun, i love being able to wear team colours and go out with my friends rather than the usual solo dressage outings that are available to most people.
Thanks very much! I'll pass it on x