Ted vibes please

Rasadi

Visit site
Sorry to read this you gave him a very happy life in the time you had together big hugs R.I.P Ted xxxxx

Amye

Visit site
Just read - I'm so so sorry for your loss Aus. Ted was a favourite with everyone and well really miss his antics. Though I'm sure not half as much as you'll miss him.
Thinking of you x

Baroque

Visit site
I'm so very sorry to hear this news. It won't feel much like it right now Aus, but you were a hero to that little chap. How ever awful his early life was, you gave him all he needed once he came to you and, finally, you gave him the kindest gift of all. Thank you for sharing him with us along the way.

MochaDun

Visit site
So sorry to read this Auslander, he was a little legend in his own lifetime. Loved reading your posts about him and seeing his photos. Glad he found you.

Crazydancer

Visit site
Oh no :( I've not been much of a HHO regular of late but couldn't have failed to miss the Ted exploits, he was such a huge character in a teeny body. I saw your post yesterday and logged back hoping for good news, but so sorry to hear you had to make the decision for him. Run free little guy, and hugs to you Auslander xxx

Lintel

Visit site
Omgoodness.
I'm sure it was the right thing for the wee guy at least he has had an amazing wee life with you. R.I.P.

ozpoz

Visit site
Oh no, i am so sorry to read this - How quick, and shocking for you, and so lucky for him that you were there for him.
Every sympathy for your sad loss of a wee character.

Auslander

Visit site
Thank you everyone, for your lovely messages. It's really hit me hard - I've always been the one who had to be strong for other peoples horses, and it was so very hard not to have that crutch. Weird feeling.
I walked all the fields last night, with Alf accompanying me, to make absolutely sure that there was nothing in the hedges that he could have eaten, but nothing was obvious. I know there was long term chronic liver damage, but I cant understand why he went so suddenly and dramatically downhill. I can't keep agonising about it though - it's a sad fact of life that if you own horses, sometimes you're going to lose them, and you won't ever know why.
All the signs point to Hyperlipaemia, which is very common in Shetlands as a response to stress. I hate that he was blind and in pain yesterday morning, but I'm glad that he didn't suffer for long. My vet, who is also a good friend, was amazing, and a very dear friend came over too - so he was surrounded by people who love him. He wasn't very responsive, but a couple of times, he wobbled over to me, put his head against me, and sighed - he was still in there til the end.
I'd give anything for another cheeky chunk out of my bottom, or to retrieve him from somewhere he shouldn't have been, but hey.
13934665_10154814961130730_392389396567548648_n.jpg

Ceriann

Visit site
Losing a horse is horrible, losing one suddenly leaves you in a bit of shock I think and inevitably you question everything. As you say sometimes you won't know. When I lost mine in a field accident I took so much comfort (eventually) that she hadn't suffered for long and I was with her at the end. Ted was clearly such a loved little man and had the very best life with you, right to the end. Take care of yourself.

Amirah

Visit site
My heart really goes out to you, he was gorgeous. You did everything you could for him and he knew that. I hope in time that another lucky little pony gets to share his life with you, and us. This is the price we pay for loving them. Big hugs and be kind to yourself, you did your absolute best for him which is all any of us can do. x

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Aus having traipsed the field myself I know how that feels, I don't think there is always an explanation for 'why now' with regards to longer term damage. Make sure you give Alf plenty of hugs. I am honoured to have met the dude.

Regandal

Visit site
So sad to read this. I think the suddenness of events like this knocks us off kilter quite badly, there's just a void where an adored horse/pony should be. Take care. X