Teen boys clothing

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!

A nightmare, why couldn't I have had a girl-no issue buying jods, riding tops etc??!!?

I know I'm not the only one to suffer from this but *grits teeth* it is so hard.

On the search for a tweed hacking jacket as he's going to do some WHP classes with our lovely pony. I can find so many girls/womens ones second hand (refusing to buy new!) but junior ones seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.

HeyMich

Visit site
I feel your pain PF! I have a very tall, skinny 14 yr old and it's near impossible to get decent stuff to fit him. Adult's jods/jackets are all too baggy, while kids ones that fit width-wise are really short in the arms and legs.

Maybe there's a gap in the market...? Perhaps we should go into business!

HeyMich

Visit site
Being really dim here, what makes it different for males and females other than sizes. Is it the buttons?

The main differences we've found are body shape - teenage girls have hips and boobs (some do, some don't obviously) but my teenage son has no hips and absolutely no boobs! Baggy bums on jods and baggy booby bits on jackets just don't look the part and result in a lot of eye-rolling and huffing.

Bluewaves

Visit site
Last edited:

TPO

Visit site
A 2 B Equestrian in Doune stock ranges for males and can order in anything they don't stock. They've got a website and are active online/social media too.

Delivery has always been really quick when I've ordered from them.

HeyMich

Visit site
A 2 B Equestrian in Doune stock ranges for males and can order in anything they don't stock. They've got a website and are active online/social media too.

Delivery has always been really quick when I've ordered from them.

Yes, A2B are our closest tack shop and they get all our normal business (safety wear, footwear, rugs, lotions and potions, accidental sale purchases...). However, I've not managed to buy any clothing for my son there (bought plenty for me and pony-mad daughter though!), just due to the brands and styles that they stock. I might have another chat with them about their teenage ranges...

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
Yes, A2B are our closest tack shop and they get all our normal business (safety wear, footwear, rugs, lotions and potions, accidental sale purchases...). However, I've not managed to buy any clothing for my son there (bought plenty for me and pony-mad daughter though!), just due to the brands and styles that they stock. I might have another chat with them about their teenage ranges...

They sponsor Avonmill and, although the son rider is adult sizes now, I'm sure they fitted him out when he was a smaller teen.

Amanda goes above and beyond to help and order stuff in so I'm sure they'll be able to sort something ?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Finding specific riding clothing for adult men is almost as tricky as finding it for teenaged boys. A quick look in the paper Kraemer catalogue is enough to show the difference in the range of products intended for females as opposed to males.

I don't wear "riding tops", though: I wear proper shirts. They have to be described as being long in the body to make sure that they stay tucked in. I never had a problem in my teens finding shirts to fit me.

I haven't yet found a second-hand gent's tweed jacket in my size, after years of on and off looking.

EventingMum

Visit site
Mears do some lovely ones, my son had a Keeper's Tweed one of theirs but they are probably snapped up really quickly second hand. When he was showjumping we ended up going made to measure between the ages of 13 - 15 as off the peg were impossible. We always managed to sell them really easily after he outgrew them. For breeches, we generally had Mark Todd ones although laterly the zip didn't seem to stay up, I refused to buy Pikeur for a growing teenager!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I already have a collection of outgrown jackets that I really should advertise!!! Why do they suddenly start growing and don't seem to stop? He barely wears decent stuff half a dozen times. Battered old ripped items seem to last an eternity.?

I may have to bite the bullet and shell out, although that would upset me immensly. Anyone got a 34" green/brown tweed lurking?