Teeth cleaning with chicken wings.

Bellasophia

Visit site
I posted ive just lost my old girl...I am now living with a two year old male who has lost the light of his life and is finding life a little hard....so.....
In these days when we've walked the walk and thrown a rope toy to the point of having one arm longer than the other,I've introduced a frozen chicken wing to Stanley's " keep me occupied " situation.
It's the holy graiil rediscovered.......he's chewed and chomped for a full fifteen minutes...and I'm hoping to see only good things exit this afternoon on his next walk.
now he has crashed in front of the log fire....we walked for two hours this morning at the city park,then I took him into the mall and home for his dinner.
He seems a happier dog and literally is crashed now till we walk at four.
.....long live chicken wings!!!
I've been cleaning his teeth with a dental spray and toothbrush,and have heard these wings will also help remove tartar( his two molars have just recently been coloring up with first tartar,which I want to address at once.
We did give wings when he was a pup but he tried to gulp them so we stopped. I'm pleased he's chewing now,not gulping.......far better than rawhide.
does anyone else give raw wings here?Can I give them after a kibble meal? How often during the week can I give these?

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Yes, my 3 have them or raw turkey or chicken necks for breakfast every morning. Most bones in a raw diet will help clean teeth, as I write this mine are all gnawing on lambs ribs, my eldest is a Jack Russell, he's nearly 11 and his teeth are beautifully white with no tartar at all. The others are nice and white too with no sign of red gums or gum disease.

{97702}

Visit site
Yep I feed chicken wings - or whole carcasses/necks/whole rabbits - as I feed a raw diet to all my dogs :) Unfortunately they are greyhounds so it has done nothing for their teeth :( The two with good teeth still have good teeth, the two with bad teeth have none left now :p

With a totally raw diet you are meant to feed 10% bone, so I would probably give the chicken wings a couple of times a week?