teeth glorious teeth

vickers22

Visit site
my boy is up to have his teeth done on Friday, and he has been acting out of character lately. When out riding he was throwing his head and doing some mini rears. This is so unlike him, as he never rears or gets quite so agitated. Could this be due to his teeth needing to be done?

filly190

Visit site
Sometimes you can notice if they have any sharp bits thats affecting them. Give his face a gentle rub and see if he flinches or backs off. This was the first warning I had from my mare that she had a sharp edge.

Jemayni

Visit site
agrre with filly, my chap gets really narky about having his nose done up though. I wouldnt be too worried about your horsey everything seems to be going a bit loopy atm

vickers22

Visit site
'I wouldnt be too worried about your horsey everything seems to be going a bit loopy atm'

Haha!!no its not as bad as it seems
tongue.gif
!!I just thought i would get some general advice about everything.I realise with all my posts it sounds like a nightmare!I am just a worrier
crazy.gif
....sure evrything will be fine.I'll let you know!

Sparklet

Visit site
Two teeth stories highlighting the effect teeth can have on the way the horse goes:

My friend had the dentist out and he showed her a huge ulcerated sore in his mouth caused by friction between the noseband and a sharp tooth. She had been having problems.

I got the vet to do my daughters pony who has always been difficult and a bit head shakey. The vet found that the two back teeth were 1cm higher than the rest and the corresponding top teeth were 1cm lower than the rest. She had suffered from choke on several occasions and this appears to be the reason (not able to chew her food properly) and on the ridden front all her teeth would have locked into place causing her great difficulty flexing at the poll and also her tongue would have become trapped. By the way - this pony was seen regularly by an equine dentist so do take care who you use.