Teeth???

colmio

Visit site
Our QH filly, just 2, who was a bit of rescue job, has developed in the past few days a large ( about 2 cm) lump under her left jaw bone. It is hard to touch and tender. But, thankfully, has not affected her eating at all!

She has come on so well weight wise and socially in the few months we have had her and has just started going walkies outside her paddock!

There is no swelling on the right side of her jaw and, while we have had a few youngsters in the past, I have never seen anything like this. Is this normal, or as I have a sneaky feeling, requiring dentist/vet visit. Any thoughts, comments or experiences will be much appreciated

colmio

Visit site
Thanks for the welcome Cl-aire

Any info on what can go wrong with a youngsters teeth to cause this? There does not seem to be any heat and I am fairly sure it is not a wound of any sort. Can youngsters, like young humans, have teeth that grow in the wrong direction?

Will pursue professsional advise I think.

MillionDollar

Visit site
TBH im not an expert on teeth, but i expect like anything else things can grow wrongly, lol. I would def get the dentist out after all its better to be safe than sorry.

Sorry im not more help
frown.gif
Might be a good idea to post this on New Lounge then you're get more replys from the experts
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I think I would get a vet out to check your horse. He'll be able to tell you what the problem is & either give you her treatment or recommend a qualified dental technician. The reason I say vet is that your filly may have to be sedated & you'll need a vet in attendance to do it. I hope it's not too serious...Good Luck