tell it like it is! - horsemartad

Dolcé

Visit site
I think it is a brilliant ad - think about it..........she has had people wanting to buy him that she didn't think were right for him so she hasn't sold to them, at least she cares where he ends up. If I were in the market for a loan horse (or even buying) like him I would reply to it without worrying about how she would be. She has just been dead straight, doesn't want to waste time with unsuitable people so has said exactly what she wants for him. Perhaps there isn't a lot of detail in there but if you want a loan horse like him, that is a happy hacker and can be ridden on the buckle then you would find out the rest when you went to view. How many posts do you see on here about timewasters, ads like this would cut out a good number of them I would imagine.

spike123

Visit site
I thought this was a horse I knew but after googling it isn't him.He is the double of him though,just the wrong age and name after googling! I'm not sure I would reply to an ad like that I have to say!

Last edited:

LoopyLouise

Visit site
Wow that ad has just had my knees knocking together :-/ she is one scary person.
Humm wonder if she would let me loan him would love some thing that I could just have a relaxing hack on half of mine are not backed yet and the other half are to small for me or not plodders bet not tell her that I live in a tower block in East London have a strong cockney accent and a single mum she'll brand me a chav LMAO

Buzz1

Visit site
I read the ad to OH expecting same reaction as mine (OMG never gonna sell it) and he said well nothing worse than time wasters she's got a point!

If i was ever to try to sell Buzz then i prob would have almost same restrictions but would'nt put it in add i would want someone to phone first so i could at least dissapprove then (never gonna sell him ever lol)

saddlesore

Visit site
If you met her requirements I guess you would end up with quite a nice horse.

I just cannot understand this as a concept. (Not you Holly!) Surely once the horse is sold you lose any control over its future? Therefore such a long list of 'demands' is counter-productive? You run the risk of potentially putting off the right home and instead selling to a 'yes man' who will then proceed to do what they damn well please anyway - to which, at least imho, they are perfectly entitled!

Storminateacup

2nd star on the right and straight on 'til morning
Visit site
I get the feeling that she really cares for the horse, and she is trying to "weed" out those twits that you always get when you try to loan out or sell a nice quiet horse. Because he is quiet and genuine she is bound to get loads of Novices and seriously overweight people ringing her and she doesn't want that for him.
Seems fair enough to me.
I have a safe bombproof cob that I have loaned occasionally and some want to practice their (non existant) riding skills on him, like putting him "on the bit" and winding him up too look flash.
I think I know where she's coming from even though she is a bit misguided in her approach.
Weight restriction seems a bit low for such a chunky horse, but maybe he has a weak back or something.
Pity, he would be ideal for my hubby (16st and 6ft 3")

Last edited:

Happytohack

Visit site
Anyone fancy a rewrite?

I have tried to sell this horse but as I obviously know so much more than everyone else in the horse-world, I have made most people too scared to even phone me. Out of the 3 brave souls who plucked up the courage to contact me:
One dared to confess that she occasionally schooled her previous horse.
The second admitted to jumping a cross pole out hacking
And the third even told me she weighed 12 stone 8lbs !!!! I don’t care if you are 6ft 2in – For goodness sake get yourself a cob (but not a bay with feather, 15.2 and at the moment in Kent, but desperate to move). If you can afford a horse, you can afford a gastric bypass first.
Complete numpties all of them.
This horse was bought for husband who is too nervous to enjoy life in general and is now on an extended holiday (in padded cell wearing jacket that does up the back)
All would-be viewers will be made to stand on bathroom scales before entering the yard and will be subjected to lengthy questioning on arrival. If the words “showjump” or “schooling” are uttered, they will forcibly be removed from the property.
Contact Rottweiller@bitesworsethanbark.com

ISHmad

Visit site
Blimey, that is quite some advert. Had to smile at the irony that nervous novices needn't apply and the fact her husband is too nervous to ride him. Wonder if he's asked too many silly questions then?!!!

traceyann

Visit site
Im going to be bad now i put my cob up for sale i can agree with her on some respect i had a women turn up about 18 stone wouldnt even let her on my horse said she needed to lose some weight then i had another who wanted to hunt he fifteen at time so said no to her someone wanted him but the yard was rough so said no to her i could go on but i didnt really want to sell him but at the time had to needless to say still got him as nobody was good enough i just didnt eat for a couple of weeks until i got another job its so hard selling a horse you love

Teddybully

Visit site
Im going to be bad now i put my cob up for sale i can agree with her on some respect i had a women turn up about 18 stone wouldnt even let her on my horse said she needed to lose some weight then i had another who wanted to hunt he fifteen at time so said no to her someone wanted him but the yard was rough so said no to her i could go on but i didnt really want to sell him but at the time had to needless to say still got him as nobody was good enough i just didnt eat for a couple of weeks until i got another job its so hard selling a horse you love

There's nothing wrong with putting a weight limit and even ask for adults only but this advert is bound to put people off. I could have offered this horse a really good home but even her previous for sale adverts put me off (and now I see hubby is too heavy anyway!). I remember there was something along the lines of 'no people who like wearing jodhpurs but have absolutley no clue how to ride' - and who is up to her standard?!

And God forbid anyone ask if a cob can jump - what a numpty question that would be!

I've tried to loan a few years back from someone who thought no home was good enough for her horse - she just didn't want to part with him, which I can understand but in that respect they are wasting OUR time. I did a three hour round trip twice to view him only to be told a week after that she was going to put him on grass livery while abroad - great.

The horse in the advert should have absolutely no trouble finding a home. Maybe if she wrote a more polite and informative advert she would have more success!

Faithkat

Visit site
I can understand the frustration but if she really wants to part with the horse, perhaps a few details regarding height, age, what it's done, is it chipped, vaccinated etc etc which is what people really want/need to know!

Beckie65

Visit site
Anyone fancy a rewrite?

I have tried to sell this horse but as I obviously know so much more than everyone else in the horse-world, I have made most people too scared to even phone me. Out of the 3 brave souls who plucked up the courage to contact me:
And the third even told me she weighed 12 stone 8lbs !!!! I don’t care if you are 6ft 2in – For goodness sake get yourself a cob (but not a bay with feather, 15.2 and at the moment in Kent, but desperate to move). If you can afford a horse, you can afford a gastric bypass first.
This horse was bought for husband who is too nervous to enjoy life in general and is now on an extended holiday (in padded cell wearing jacket that does up the back)
All would-be viewers will be made to stand on bathroom scales before entering the yard and will be subjected to lengthy questioning on arrival. If the words “showjump” or “schooling” are uttered, they will forcibly be removed from the property.

Hahahahahah Love it! :)

nativetyponies

Visit site
I can understand the frustration but if she really wants to part with the horse, perhaps a few details regarding height, age, what it's done, is it chipped, vaccinated etc etc which is what people really want/need to know!

She can do that when she's weedled out the Numpties and the Fatties.

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
She obviously thinks 'silly questions' also include how big / old the horse is !!

Either that or she has used up all the word allowance talking about herself !!

Archangel

Visit site
PMSL at this thread but... it is always advisable to put one's own house in order before spouting off at larger riders and numpties. His throatlash is way too tight and to tie a horse up off the bit... tsk tsk

alpha1

Visit site
Anyone fancy a rewrite?

Haha love it! I bet this isnt too far from the truth, some people are bonkes :D