tell me about archie babies please

alfiesmum

Visit site
as title,
really looking for an all rounder, mare is hanovarian x ssh (goldhills lines)
have heard the name on here previously and have looked at stud card

what height are the babies making, temperament, fertility rate with AI and in fact any other info you can pass on please,
and of course what colours the babies are lol :D
(joking! just in case some folks take the colour thing the wrong way!!) :D

foal is hopefully going to do low level eventing :)

thanks

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
My oldest are 3 - so not yet fully grown - and both out of RID mares. Both mares are around the 16.1-16.2 mark and the 1st Archie foals were there 2nd foals (1st by Kensons Aragorn - a smaller stallion with a bit of TB high up in the pedigree.) The 2 Archie fillies are a bit bigger and more 'typey'. We've only backed one of them so far and she is looking very nice indeed.

The youngest are foals - and there's the whole range in-between and I've used him this year again; so obviously I'm very happy with the foals he throws. Conformation, temperament and movement are all very good! Colour - bays and greys (I have a lot of grey mares!)

Fertility rate excellent by AI - semen always arrives on time, in tip-top condition!

Obviously you need to look at your mare, see where she needs strengthening, and go from there - but I see no reason why an Archie/WB cross shouldn't have a more 'sensible' temperament than the mare, have good movement and like to jump! The one we've JUST backed hasn't started jumping officially, but if she's free-schooled in the manege with a small jump up, she jumps it for fun!

eventrider23

Visit site
Would echo everything Janet has said. His owner Rita is an absolute pleasure to deal with and there is nothing not to like about Archie himself.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
That means me then.

Alice044.jpg

I am Adorable Alice, daddy is Avanti Amorous Archie and mum is...., well we are not sure really, but she is a kind, biddable irish cob with lots of substance and much loved by my humans.

528.jpg

I am a whole one and a half now, I am nearly 15 hands and I am very well mannered, learn quickly and I have a very peaceful nature.

Leoretirestoday772012018.jpg

Well spoken for a foal isn't she !!! I can thoroughly recommend Archie to anyone wanting to breed a useful allrounder. He passes on his remarkable temperament, his good looks, his straight movement and substance. His owner is delightful, knowledgable and very professional. My mare caught first time and I was fortunate enough be near enough to collect the semen and get to meet Archie in the flesh. He stamps his stock and if you look at the progeny page on his website you will see lots of foals out of differing types of mare, they all have the Archie stamp.

My foal has been so easy, even when she kicked a gate post and ended up inside for a month with her leg in a huge bandage, she only got fed up towards the end of the month. Nothing really phases her, she is trusting and very intelligent. I am looking forward to starting her and although she was bred as a hack for my old age, she is looking good enough to be a small show hunter or maybe a lightweight show cob, so lots to look forward to.

Good luck, you will choose well if you go to Archie and Rita.

Simsar

Visit site
Cannot recomend Archie and Rita enough, have used him before and will certainly again, great semen quality and even better service from Rita. :)

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Another glowing endorsement for Archie! I bred a "pre-ordered" foal by him this year, out of my ISH mare, and Hattie is just the best thing since sliced bread. She has been in her new home since she was weaned at six months, and has taken absolutely everything in her stride. She made the journey from Sussex to Lincolnshire with no drama at all, and just does everything that you ask of her without fuss or trouble. She definitely has the best temperament of the foals that I have bred from my mare.

She's probably going to end up a good 16.3 to 17hh, but then her dam does breed them big every time. She's a very correct youngster, with great paces, and a really light floating trot. We were all really thrilled with the result of this breeding, and I would really recommend him.

ritajennings

Visit site
Once again I find myself thanking you all for such lovely comments, not only about Archie but about me too :) Thanks so very much, your comments have gone a long way to making Archie the Stallion he is today. If you need any conformation of how many people read these forums I can tell you now that time and time again people come up to me when we are out competing at Dressage and ask if this is the Archie everyone is talking about :) I have you 'lot' to thank for that.
I Wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year please click on picture below to load short film x

a photo of Archie XC
DSCF0081-1.jpg

And a mare by Archie Ex a 15.3 TB mare 'Ginger Cake' competing BE
photo-33.jpg

:)

dianchi

Visit site
Oh how did i almost miss this one.............................
Bred my super tb mare who ive had for 12 years to him two season ago and have the most wonderfull 18mth by him, mum didnt do her to well whilst she was inside but she has grown lovely once on the floor! Scored a high 2nd at Futurity and has the most amazing trot!
Diamore aka Bridgette-
laurenhr_11_TTShow05AUG_118244_zpse9835082.jpg

laurenhr_08_TTShow05AUG_118021_zps3cce771f.jpg

Excuse my dippy expression!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh how did i almost miss this one.............................
Excuse my dippy expression!

Never mind your expression ! have you noticed all the Archie babies have the same expression and eye, he certainly stamps his stock with his good looks and crucially for me, his temperament. Your filly is lovely.

537.jpg

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Never mind your expression ! have you noticed all the Archie babies have the same expression and eye, he certainly stamps his stock with his good looks and crucially for me, his temperament. Your filly is lovely.

You're not wrong - and they MOVE!

This was my first Archie baby!
img26.jpg

She's rising 4 now and just backed - and she can still move!! And lovely to ride! You'll have to wait for the pic though - until it stops raining!:rolleyes:

nikki_07766

Visit site