tell me about Friesians please (especially IDXFresian)

mightymammoth

Visit site
Hi,

I wasn't sure what my boy was crossed with (assumed it was TB) but have today found out hes crossed with a Fresian.

I know nothing about Fresians so was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the personality/common health problems etc associated with the breed.

I would also love to hear about your IDxFresian if you have one,

mightymammoth

Visit site
Hi,

I wasn't sure what my boy was crossed with (assumed it was TB) but have today found out hes crossed with a Fresian.

I know nothing about Fresians so was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the personality/common health problems etc associated with the breed.

I would also love to hear about your IDxFresian if you have one,

friesian... not a great start when I can't even spell it :rolleyes:

Alfie&Milo

Visit site
'Typical of these Black Pearls are the front, the majestic mane and feathering of the lower legs, the jet black colour and the spacious, powerful elevated gaits. The harmonious build and the noble head, set on a lightly arched neck, complete the aristocratic and fiery appearance. Its amicable character is the key to a great utility breed.

The Friesian horse has increasingly developed itself as a sports horse over the past decades, in so doing in fact returning to its origins before the agricultural interlude. The Friesian’s origin is of a luxuriant and aristocratic carriage horse. Today, thanks to its typical functional characteristics, the Friesian horse now competes with other breeds at the highest levels of equestrian sports.'

They're a beautiful breed, long mane/tail/feathers, high leg action, commonly used for carriage driving/dressage. Lovely temperaments, can carry a good weight :)

mightymammoth

Visit site
'Typical of these Black Pearls are the front, the majestic mane and feathering of the lower legs, the jet black colour and the spacious, powerful elevated gaits. The harmonious build and the noble head, set on a lightly arched neck, complete the aristocratic and fiery appearance. Its amicable character is the key to a great utility breed.

The Friesian horse has increasingly developed itself as a sports horse over the past decades, in so doing in fact returning to its origins before the agricultural interlude. The Friesian’s origin is of a luxuriant and aristocratic carriage horse. Today, thanks to its typical functional characteristics, the Friesian horse now competes with other breeds at the highest levels of equestrian sports.'

They're a beautiful breed, long mane/tail/feathers, high leg action, commonly used for carriage driving/dressage. Lovely temperaments, can carry a good weight :)

Thanks for this :)

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Friesians are loyal, loving and strong. They are very human-oriented, and can be a bot bolshy on the ground because of it (but are fully trainable). They are slow to physically mature, as IDs can be, not fully growing and filling out to about ~6years old.

IDs and Friesians are my two favourite breeds on this earth though: would love to see you boy!

1Lucie

Visit site
I can only comment on the ID part. My boy is IDx and he is calm, loving, takes everything in his stride, ace to hack, v good ground maners, bold, brave and EVERYONE adores him!!!! He is a fast learner too!

I suspect he may have freisan in him as he has a very similar build, he also has the classic black colourings, thick mane and tail etc.

littlescallywag

Visit site
My little one is fresian x ish , looks like a full though, thick mane and tail, quite a high leg action, v.v.v.v human orientated, cheeky chappy, can be bolshy sometimes but never ever nasty. Has got a pop on him and works lovely in an outline.
Can be spooky but think that may be from sires side.

Blizzard

Visit site
I have a 5yr old Friesian stallion and a 12yr old Friesian gelding.

They are more like dogs than horses is the best way to describe them. Very people orientated, powerful and they carry themselves very proudly. They were originally cavalry horses so they are built for power.
There is now a 'sports' version though, which is what my stallion is. Still having the incredible Friesian movement, but lighter on his feet for jumping etc.

My older boy is a traditional Friesian. He is the most gentle horse I've ever owned, his favourite place to be is in my kitchen if I make the mistake of not closing the door (as you can see.) :)

My gelding:

702ba4d7.jpg

b7322d1b.jpg

ebae0249.jpg

eb890229.jpg

Stallion:

513e285f.jpg

6ddb266d.jpg

729d7543.jpg

a0a34b13.jpg

Hopefully you can see what I mean about the differences between the 'types' there are. The gelding is much heavier and heavier on his feet. Whereas the stallion is more sporty and springy.