Tell me about Gatcombe.

Annie B.

Visit site
Going to Gatcombe in August so tell me what I need to see and do. Also going out in the evening so any recommendations would be great. Thanks

{97702}

Visit site
Gatcombe is great :) really good viewing in the main bowl, but also very much worth walking round the whole course. Good shopping, great events going on in the main arena, something for everyone

Don’t really know about evening entertainment I’m afraid as it’s just down the road from me! The Ragged Cot is a nice pub but fantastically expensive nowadays...

Annie B.

Visit site
TGM Yes Festival of eventing. I am spectating as I appear to of but my brave pants away and turned into a dressage rider without being aware it was happening.
L'evrier thanks for that gives me so where to start and a vote for a pub is appreciated.

ihatework

Visit site
Big Gatcombe is a lovely event. Reasonably good shopping. Lots of stuff going on in the main arena. XC viewing is good, either on the bank behind the trade stands or walk out to the furthest point and there is a loop where you can view a few too.
Best day for the big names is Sunday.

Are you camping on site or staying off site?
There are a few good options in Tetbury, lots of choice in Cirencester. Ragged Cot is nice as is Trouble House, for something a bit different Sophie’s in minchinhampton. All will need pre booking.