Tell me about Saluki/saluki crosses

LMR

Visit site
This is my Saluki X rescue.

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/louiseritchie/library/

He is absolutely lovely but is a monster with food. As soon as your eye is off the food his nose is straight in there. He is very loving and always wants attention. He lets you know when he's not happy as he whines. Training has been ok, I have to constantly keep reminding him about the basic commands. If I leave it for a day he then knows nothing. He doesn't need a lot of exercise but has plenty of energy when we go for walks then slleeps most of the time in the house. His recall is good if he is not interested in something bit once he has set sail he will go look at what he wants then come back. So for now I let him off for only a small period.

I have only had him 3 months so I think his recall will improve. Henloves people and playing with other dogs. He doesn't hunt and even tried playing with OHs cats which after a quick swipe he lost interest.

He can be quite picky about who he listens to, for example my brother he doesn't listen to at all.

JosieB

Visit site
The whippet saluki crosses are sold.. cant see where they we from now, were only 60... the saluki greyhound mixes are in Co Durham,, two purebred saluki litters on there, Norfolk and Northumberland.. was suprised they are both priced £200 when silly designer crosses are three times that..

Cluny

Visit site
The whippet saluki crosses are sold.. cant see where they we from now, were only 60... the saluki greyhound mixes are in Co Durham,, two purebred saluki litters on there, Norfolk and Northumberland.. was suprised they are both priced £200 when silly designer crosses are three times that..

There is a reason those Co Durham Salukis are cheap, the words "bargepole" and "don't touch" spring to mind!

Goldenstar

Visit site
My mum and dad have lurcher she saluki crossed I think with a bedlinton terrier ( a Favorite of the travellers round here .
MrGS and I found her one Sunday afternoon at the side of the road emaciated and non wieghtbearing on one hind leg we caught her (not easy I was on crutches and she would not entertain MrGs going near) took to the vet she had a dislocated hip which was fixed and my mum and dad took her they where down to one dog and their lab was lonely .
She's black with funky brown feathering most of which drops out in summer , they did have some recall issues at first but she's good now and would run away if something scared her she still hates brooms do any sort .
She loves other dog and is great with them and is great on the lead with my tiny elderly mother they adore her she adores them and MrGS and I , it's almost like she knows we rescued her.
I definatly would look for a saluki tupe lurcher if I decided to get a lurcher .