Tell Me About Stonar School

Carrieandolaf

Visit site
Does anyone go there i may be entering into year 9 with my horse but i think they are jealous rumours but there are rumours that the horses get strangles all the time?! But anyway , tell me everything is it good ??!!! 😍

pony&cow

Visit site
I worked there (working pupil/gap student) in 2007/2008 and loved it. The girls all seemed very happy there and the horses were very well cared for. There certainly wasn't strangles when I was there but I don't know if there has been since.
To be honest if a yard where horses are regularly out competing gets strangles its just bad luck and not down to negligence. Its how a yard copes and deals with an outbreak that i'd be more interested in.

little_critter

Visit site
I live close-ish to Stonar. Given how Chinese whispers and hearsay go round like wildfire if a yard gets strangles, I've never heard of strangles at Stonar.

AmieeT

Visit site
One of my friends has just graduated from there. She's now studying medicine at a top university. She absolutely loved it, says she's made some excellent friends and the teachers are lovely. She kept one of hers there and never said anything about strangles. Considering she was going from there straight to the yard by us, I doubt that's something she would risk her other horses having.

She chose Stonar over Westonbirt because they only teach polo.

She did say some of the students are proper snobs though, but I guess that's always going to be the case.