Tell me about the horsey community in Surrey

VioletStripe

Visit site
Hi all! Been a little while....I'm officially moving towards the end of June, and I've never really been involved in the horse world in Surrey before.

I'm keen to look around for a part loan/share and consider buying another in a year or so (I'm getting broody for a youngster again, don't tell my OH!) but don't even know where to start. I'm moving to the Reigate/Box Hill area, and I used to be into a mix of eventing and just plain happy hacking.

Any suggestions of yards or local saddleries to look around to see potential horses to loan? Are there any particularly good equestrian centres or riding schools around? A lowdown on any of the riding clubs etc?

Thanks in advance!

Fieldlife

Visit site
LMEQ is in Reigate? Or lots of yards around Epsom Downs.

Ashurst Farm Feeds (Leigh), Superpets (Kingswood) Molevalley (Redhill) and Derby Equestrian (Epsom Downs) are local feed / tack shops with notices.

Or lots of Surrey Horsey FB groups

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I have since moved but grew up around Chobham/Guildford so only really know that side of Surrey but Rokers and Frosburys in Guildford are both worth a visit for feed, bedding, tack etc.

Lots of fb pages to join for the area plus there are a fair few riding clubs. Not really heard anything bad about any of them!