Tell me about your horse's OCD treatment please

Nudibranch

Visit site
Since the search function doesn't acknowledge ocd!
Specifically recovery, rehab and long term prognosis following arthroscopy and removal of cartilage in stifle joint. Horse is 3 and a half.

whiteflower

Visit site
had a horse many years ago that had arthroscopy and cartilage removal of one of the fore limb fetlocks. went from 5/10ths lame to completely sound and carried on working, jumping, dressage and fun rides for another 15 years without another days lameness on that limb.
from what i can remember we had a longish period of box rest with in hand walking afterwards and then a slow rehab program under saddle. mine was older than yours, about 9 at the time i think.
i know its not stifle but similar. good luck with yours.

eggs

Visit site
Mind had both front fetlocks operated on when he was 6. He wasn't lame as such but had lost his movement and had been misdiagnosed as a three year old ....

Had the operation at Newmarket. Six weeks in hand walk work with box rest, started ridden walk work off box rest and progressed to very small paddock turnout with sedation and gradual return to full work. He is now 11 an we've never looked back.

nuttychestnut

Visit site
I'm sure you've had the vet out numerous times, to come to the surgery conclusion but I just want to share my non surgery story, just in case it's an opinion for you. mine had/had OCD but he did show bone fragments on initial X-rays. Followed a work program for him for 6-8 weeks, re x-rayed and the bone fragments had pretty much disappeared. He's since had injections and is now sound, schooling and jumping (yay!). Good luck!