Temperature drop overnight - feeling guilty

Patches

Visit site
When I last checked on my lot at 11:30pm, it was 12 degrees outside. Patches had a lightweight stable rug on, but the other three were naked.

Imagine my surprise to look at the thermometer and see that it is currently -0.9 degrees.

Bet the horses are cursing me!
blush.gif

Stoxx

Visit site
I'm sure they will be fine but the temperature drop was expected on all the weather reports... but then perhaps not everyone is such a fan of the bbc 5 day forecast as me!
grin.gif

jumpthemoon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure they will be fine but the temperature drop was expected on all the weather reports... but then perhaps not everyone is such a fan of the bbc 5 day forecast as me!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at the BBC 5 day forecast yesterday and it said it wouldnt be cold overnight until about Thursday
confused.gif

I didn't bother putting my boys underrug on and felt guilty this morning - he didn't seem too bothered though!

Patches

Visit site
My Met Check and the Met Office didn't say it was going to drop below freezing.

I don't suppose I should feel guilty, and the post was more tongue in cheek than anything else. Afterall, I'd not have wanted them to be sweating in rugs at 11pm and then the temperature plummet. Surely that would've been worse?

Amazingchloe

Visit site
Everybody ends up feeling guilty about rugging up, but horses are a lot tougher than we give them credit for
smile.gif
so don't worry we all do it from time to time!

Porkie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, glad I'm not the only one that's mad enough to be checking that page everyday !!!
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
You can't do right for wrong with rugging when the temperatures are fluctuating, I for one would rather a slightly chilly horse than a hot one. Horses are a lot better at keeping themselves warm than we give them credit for!

Lill

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, glad I'm not the only one that's mad enough to be checking that page everyday !!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]#

Me too only i check the metoffice one!
blush.gif

lucym

Visit site
i'll join the group of weather checking freaks!!! always check ITV teletext page 153, and sort of obsess over the weather!!!
smile.gif

Stoxx

Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one then! I must check it at least 5 times a day. The main page can be a little misleading but the 24hr forecast in my area is normally pretty spot on!