Temperature low - when to worry

sarahhowen

Visit site
So long story cut short, my chappie is going through a phase of box rest at the moment (4 weeks into a 12 week stint) and on Wednesday night he coliced, we think through dehydration, he had poo'd in his water bucket we think.in the am after we had sorted his bedroom and then not drunk all day until we came up.

Vet tube him and gave him a load of fluids and painkillers and pretty soon he perked up, at the time of his coliced his temperature was 39.6 which was worrying, the vet gave him a shot of antibiotics and we have been monitoring it twice a day since and it has always been between 36.4 and 36.6 which is low for my chap (generally he is 37.5) tonight it was 35.5 although he seems quite bright in himself, he is not on any medication at the moment and I will be calling my get in the morning to discuss but do guys have any thoughts on what it could be and should I be worrying at this stage?

skn0404

Visit site
i would take his pulse too. My boy was ill recentley and his temp was down to 34 with a hugely evelated pulse rate. if he's looking quite bright i would prob just keep an eye for now :)