Tendon and Fetlock Boots for Big Horses?

JustMe22

Visit site
What boots do you use on your large horses?

Struggling with my 17.3hh WB - he seems to be able to squeeze into the Tekna full size ones, and sometimes Veredus. Any other brands that come up big or who do an XF in tendon and fetlock boots?

ihatework

Visit site
Are you talking chunky or just long?
If the latter then the Shires arma tendon boots work well on my tall x-bred, he would be MW in bone though so not especially heavy

JustMe22

Visit site
He's not heavy horse big but he is quite chunky - more of a hunter type.

Normal full size boots don't do up on him because the straps don't reach!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I was going to say Premier Equine come up big, I've always wondered what their XL fit given that my 16 3 chunky tb was only a medium. However they are long so they are not good for horses that have chunky legs but short cannon bones.

ETA that's their XC and Sports boots so not sure if the tendon boots are equally large.

sportsmansB

Visit site
PE tendon boots are pretty big, I had the medium on a 17hh but fairly fine mare I had, and have the L on my fairly chunky legged dude now on the smallest setting.Check out their sale you can often get a pair of nutty coloured ones for a tenner in a big size, then you'd know whether to splash the cash on 'normal' ones :)

JustMe22

Visit site
Thank you! Will have a look at the Premier Equine ones. He is tall enough to take the long boots so not concerned about that :)