Tendon issues :(

Visit site
So my horse is off work for 6 months with an injured tendon. He’s getting a bit old now but is still trotting around the field with no care whatsoever. Can anyone recommend any ointments, magnetic boots ect ect that might be soothing or help mend quicker as he is on no meds right now. Thanks x

Visit site
I have always given mine The Glucosamine MSM 10,000 when they have had tendon injuries. Who knows if it really works or not but they haven't had a bother since!

What sort of injury does your horse have? A SDFT or a DDFT? Core lesion, hole or strain?

Visit site
I have always given mine The Glucosamine MSM 10,000 when they have had tendon injuries. Who knows if it really works or not but they haven't had a bother since!

What sort of injury does your horse have? A SDFT or a DDFT? Core lesion, hole or strain?
I’m not particularly sure actually :/ i’ll Ask the vet

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I’m not particularly sure actually :/ i’ll Ask the vet
The basis of any tendon injury is immediate cold therapy treatment. This is the best thing that you can do, to reduce blood flow, inflammation and reduce any swelling. This can be done a number of times a day in the form of ice cupping, cold hosing, ice boots, etc. This along with anti inflammatories and rest with a very gradual return to work under a plan that has been worked out between yourself and the vet. Magnetic boots have their place but the prompt action with cold at the time of the injury makes for a much more effective outcome and a reduction in time to recover. I would avoid turning out in boots as these can overheat the tendons. I would reduce his paddock so he has a smaller area to run around in and if he is very boisterous think about introducing a calmer supplement or ask your vet if Zyklene would be more effective.