tendon sheath update with pics

lucysnapshot

Visit site
Its been 6 weeks (i think) since G was kicked and the vet was out last week and was VERY impressed at how well its healing, she is on another 3months box rest with some turnout if she behaves bandage changes are now every 3 days instead of daily and she is off the medication. Hopefully in 3-6months we will know if she will ever be able to be ridden again, I wil be able to breed from her tho.

4 weeks after kick
atuff054.jpg

6 weeks after kick
firstrideonsmudge039.jpg

_jetset_

Visit site
What happened exactly? I am presuming the kick went all the way through the tendon sheath from the title?

It looks to have healed really well!

Fairynuff

Visit site
wow, that was one hell of a kick! Its looking lovely and healthy-youve obviously worked hard on it
smile.gif
. I hope 'G' comes sound and can be ridden again-theres always time for foals in the future. What does she do? M.
smile.gif

lucysnapshot

Visit site
She got kicked when her and another mare backed up kicking each other, luckily YO was there when it happened so brought her in straight away and called vet. she severed her tendon sheath and went all the way to the bone, she just missed the main tendon so was really lucky, she had it flushed out but the outcome has always been "keep your fingers crossed" so really pleased shes coming good again

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks for explaining that...

She looks to be doing incredibly well in the healing process. I am sure all the box rest will be well worth it seeing the difference just to weeks has made.

Reashi

Visit site
Our Phillippa did her tendon sheath, and now she's back competing BE Intermediate very successfully and doing the 2* at Hartpury soon, so fingers crossed for you!