Terrorist attacks in Norway

dad_io

Visit site
we were walking past there just 4 weeks ago :( We found Norway to be a beautiful country that felt very peaceful and safe :( our thoughts are with the injured and their families.

Java

Visit site
:(. out of habit I have gone straight to the Norwegian sites and they are reporting 7 dead whilst the BBC says 2. Sounds like utter chaos :(. Thoughts are with everyone there.

starr_g

Visit site
BBC is reporting 11 dead. There are reports of shooting at a youth political camp for the Labour party on an island and people jumping into the sea to escape. Terrible times for Norway.

Mrs B

Visit site
Confused reports/guesses about who is claiming 'responsibility' (awful word in the circs...)

Those poor people and their families. :(

Wheels

Visit site
Just watching this now on the news. How absolutely awful!
Saying now that at least 91 dead, 84 of those at the youth camp, youths as young as 14.
Heart goes out to all family and friends

ThePinkPony

Visit site
Ive been looking at holidaying in lapland early next year, NEVER would i expect something like this to happen there. it is so devastatingly sad for all involved, especially those poor poor children and their families. :(

Leah3horses

Visit site
So sad..I lived in Scandinavia for many years, and it's one of the most peaceable continents..the people are peace loving,liberal and very fair minded..they do not deserve this carnage. Nobody does. Will humans ever learn that violence and killing is never the answer to a 'cause' .R.I.P xx

Molly'sMama

Visit site
Its awful.He posed as a copper and called the teens round and starting shooting. Some leapt into the water and into trees but he just shot at them. Some of the kids decided to lie with some of the bodies as if dead but apperently he just went along and shot the "bodies" in the head again.It's terrifying.Like a freaking horror movie .Poor guys. You are in my thoughts and prayers this week as are you family and especially the people who had to witness it and continue their lives xxxxxx