"Tesco Shop To Drop" Brainless woman.

severnmiles

Visit site
Just read this in 'Shooting & Conservation' magazine and it made me laugh.

And I quote.....

"Ian Morton from Wiltshire had an interesting anecdotal story about a woman who enquired about a rack of lamb at her local butcher's and after being told that they would butcher one in time for the weekend, she replied: 'Oh I don't want anything killed, I'll get it from the supermarket'."

Slight confusion over where meat comes from.... :-/

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Doh! Dairy farmer friends have had similiar experiences which left them stunned.

In one instance whilst running a milk demonstration the farmer was rudely told that her son didn't need to watch because they got their milk from the supermarket.

Another couple was convinced that beef only came from bulls and steers. Not realising that you can most certainly eat the girls as well...

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Sorry I should say 'he has been castrated' what on earth would my agriculture lecturer say...having helped castrate a few calves in my time I can assure you it looks as painful as it sounds!

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
You stick a tight little rubber ring round them Karla, then they srivel up and drop off.

I'm not convinced its completely painless as they tend to go a bit quiet and thoughtfullfor a while. I normally castrate them first then tag them as they struggle less.

I'm not sure if the rubber ring treatment works for 'Farmer Giles' as well.

I read somewhere about sheep being castrated in the outback the method being - slice the scrotum, suck the balls out into mouth, bite the cord sand then spit them into cooking pot, ready for one hell of a supper.