Test your worming knowledge

Darkhorse999

Visit site
Please complete this survey if you are interested in testing your worming knowledge and helping to improve the health and welfare of horses.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQQ7BJY

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQQ7BJY

Please copy and paste the above link into your browser if the link does not open.

It should take you approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey. :)
(copy of final survey which will include current best practice on worming/worm control available on request).

Performed by Deborah O’Toole, The Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester in part fulfilment of the requirements for the BSc (Honours) in Equine Science of the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester.

Dexter

Visit site
Tried but on the second page I dont rotate my pasture so couldnt pick an option for the second part and it wouldnt let me carry on. When I picked an answer randomly it just stuck, so I had to exit it

Clava

Visit site
It asks for answers on questions when not relevent. I don't remove manure from field but it is asking how often...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Done,

I would like to have qualified my reasons for not using FEC though ;) :).

nb I have a particular hatred for people moving to fresh pasture after worming ;) :mad:

Marydoll

Visit site
It would have been good if your answers were scored, basically its a survey and youre not told if your worming plan is any good, so how are you testing your knowledge ?

Darkhorse999

Visit site
Hi Marydoll,

The results of the survey will be analysed and a full report produced which will include current best practice on worming/worm control- let me know if you would like a copy

Dexter

Visit site
just tried again, and its still asking for answers that arent relevant!, so I've left it again at Q26

FairyLights

Visit site
I've completed the survey as best I could. I worm on egg count results and also twice a year for tapeworm and once a year for encysted. The survey didnt actually allow me to state this. the Q about hoe often I have worm egg counts done wasnt easy to answer as it all depends on the result of the last one and obvoiusly when worming for tapes and encysted I dont have egg counts done for that so sometimes its a test every 8 weeks and sometimes only once in 6 months. I also only use ivermectin or moidectin if I've seen bot eggs as Iwas advised not to use those chemicals as there is a potential link with the use of ivermectin and EGS suseptability.

Elsbells

Visit site
I've done it but felt a total numpty as I give my girl the same as the whole yard does at the same time. We buy in bulk and do them on mass. The liveries who know what they are doing decide on the wormer we are using and I to my shame, take very little notice.

caithness_1

Visit site
I've done it but felt a total numpty as I give my girl the same as the whole yard does at the same time. We buy in bulk and do them on mass. The liveries who know what they are doing decide on the wormer we are using and I to my shame, take very little notice.

i have to admit im the same :eek: