Texting livery yard owner notice?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Could you not knock on their door while at the yard? You shouldn’t be disturbing them at home for little things, but I’d say this was acceptable.

Happyhoovesc

Visit site
Yep. I'm heading for 50 yet ringing people gives me the heebeejeebees (and I'm a professional in a well paid job ?). All I'll say is your yard owner will be perfectly used to this and won't take it personally. It's not like you're asking for a divorce ?. She will just think "that's a shame, now who's next on the waiting list for that stable". Call her, be totally un emotional and say you're v sorry but you need to move the horse closer to home. I always tell yard owners how much I have enjoyed being at the yard (it's usually true) and thst I'm sorry to be leaving. It'll be fine, don't over think it. It's just business.

Thankyou - I love this. Im planning on speaking to her tomorrow as my livery is due tomorrow for Jan. Will be giving a card, flowers etc too. She’s an older woman, so going to try catch her before work tomorrow and if not, I’ll call her in the morning. Hopefully not busy with teaching. I’m bricking it lol - so annoying!

Happyhoovesc

Visit site
Could you not knock on their door while at the yard? You shouldn’t be disturbing them at home for little things, but I’d say this was acceptable.
As a YO I'd not be too fussed about the method of contact tbh, but my issue would be whether I'd actually pick up the text as phone coverage here isn't always too reliable (pigeon would usually do better!!).

Also, if you have enjoyed a good relationship with your YO, then you really don't need to be fearful about letting them know you are leaving!! But yes, I think I know what you mean when you say you would find it difficult - and a text says what you want to say, end of.

Just a suggestion, but why don't you write a little card and stick it through YO's letterbox?? That would be a way of expressing your appreciation (you could also, as someone else has suggested) include a bottle of plonk, box of choccies, whatever...........

Thinking on it, TBH, I think yes I WOULD find a text a bit "clinical".........

100% agree actually - I’m opting to catch her in person tomorrow morning, or call if I don’t see her first thing. She’s an older woman and feel she might find a text a bit cold and naff. I think she’ll be ok, I think I’m just overthinking all of this! Definitely going to give her a card and some flowers etc too

pansymouse

Visit site
If you are terminating a contract you should do so in writing by email or letter and keep it simple and factual - just the fact you are going and the date is enough. If you what to gush or give gifts that should be done in person after you have served notice.

Going against the grain, I find texts a bore and often ignore them or read and not respond but I always take calls. My lifeline to sanity working from home on my own since March has been telephone and conference calls.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I'm an over thinker and always worry about calling at the wrong time
So now I sent a text / whatsapp to say something like - 'when would you be free for a quick chat? Is there a good time to call?'
They either call you straight back, or will send a time and then you are both prepared for the call.

welshpony216

Visit site
I would personally email instead of text, as its a little more formal and also less annoying, and (well on my computer) a bit harder to accidently hit 'send' when your half way done with the 2nd sentence.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Whether I would email or text would depend on which format said person was more likely to check, most often. Some people only check email every few days.