"TF" , fancy a busmans holiday?

Fairynuff

Visit site
Permission has been given by the region to open deer hunting on the tenth of August. Six hundred roe deer are to be shot-cost-120 euros for an adult, 40 euros for a fawn. Carabines only.
Sad thing is, roe deer were introduced here by the hunters to have some sport. Now there are too many which even I as an anti can see.Every time I look out of the window there are deer browzing or playing about on my fields or in the vineyard(where they do incredible damage). Im anti but can see the need for this cull although it makes me sad. Want to come TF? In a couple of months the wild boar hunting starts (on foot, no horses involved). Mairi. :(

wurzel

Visit site
Thanks for the offer but no, I will have to decline.

Although I admit we shoot one every so often when we need to, I have no interest in sneaking around with weapon to shoot a deer.

I think it is immoral !!!

I like to give 'em a sporting chance. I like to give them the chance to cross a few Exmoor streams with the hounds on the scent.

You won't get me with the old efficiency angle.

Nice offer though ! I don't get many anymore !!!

Plus, I don't want to make you sad.

I think introducing animals to kill is bad.

Clodagh

Visit site
Up north in Australia we used to hunt boar with two or three 'pig dogs' (often labrador/pit bull crosses). They would track and hang on to said pig then some lunatic would cut its throat. Is that how its done there, or is it more like in France?

Fairynuff

Visit site
No, here it seems a bit less horrendous but seeing as Im neither the hunter nor the hunted I couldnt swear on it. Boat hunting is highly organised here. Each squad has to have 30 members to it and each entering his own hounds to the pack.All is done on foot with members of the squad placed around in strategic places to turn back the boar. Hounds pick up and will corner the boar holding it for the rifles. Its not often that the hounds will touch the boar but its normal enough that the boar will open a hound.Most hunters carry a darning needle and some string in their pocket to stitch their hound back together before getting it to the vet(if hound is lucky enough to have a good owner). These guys are out and out bam pots and will shoot any bush that moves. It is NOT advisable to stop for a widdle in the Italian countryside during the hunting season. I remember having to ride out the eventers and sh*****g myself solid till I sussed that if I sang in a very loud voice-a, Id scare off any possible prey and, b, me and my horse were less likely to be shot by some wined up trigger happy Italian. They are quite often the worse for wear= pissed. :crazy: M.