TG T8 Jump or Wintec Pro Jump

Firewell

Visit site
Hello :).
I am having a complete nightmare selling and buying saddles at the moment, the upshot being I don't have anything to ride in.

I am thinking of buying one of these in the interim so I have *something* and they do make excellent back up saddles.

I've ridden Jae in a TG before. The MW plate gave him fluid bumps on the withers but I think the M plate should be fine. The high wither version was no good, he does have high withers but he also has a well developed back that is fairly straight and the panels were too deep and made the saddle feel perched.

I've never tried a new wintec. The old 250 wintec (my old back up saddle!) Didn't fit at all. The panels were the wrong shape but I have heard they make them flatter now?! I quite like the look of the pro jump. It looks streamlined. The T8 jump looks a bit of a strange shape to me...

Anyway I can't try before I buy but I can buy from a retailer who will take the saddle back if it is unmarked.

What are peoples thoughts on these two saddles. Also has anyone ridden in both of them? I like to feel secure when I jump.

Thank you

wench

Visit site
I don't know about wintec, but you can take a tracing of horses back and withers then copy them onto a template you print off the Tg website to see which one should fit.

Haven't you had any luck in finding a fitter?

Jo_x

Visit site
I rode in a wintec pro jump once and really liked it. Much nicer than any of the more standard wintecs I've ridden in, it felt like a less hard version of a stubben jumping saddle

DoesDressage

Visit site
I am in the same position as you. So hard to find a decent fitter here. I just bought myself a Tekna jump saddle to keep me going until I find a saddle and a saddler I really. I bought mine from a place in PA online but im sure their must be places be nearer. For the price im really pleased with the quality and fit. I would recommend over a tg or wintec

Firewell

Visit site
Thanks. I hadn't even thought of a Tekna! I think I might have found a fitter. At least I hope I have, I contacted her a week ago and she hasn't got back to me yet... she sells custom saddles (typical) but she does do repairs and flocking and that sort of thing so we shall see!

DoesDressage

Visit site
Got my fingers crossed for you. I wouldn't want my Tekna forever but for the money I really don't think you can fault it. Plus is a lot prettier and more comfortable that other synthetics. Good luck!

Jnhuk

Visit site
I recently picked a TG T8 jump for my youngster when my saddler came with load of saddles to try. I really like it and was very surprised how similar it was to my K2 jump saddle that I use on one of my other horses. A friend didn't believe me so had a shot and was also very surprised!

So I suspect if you like a K2, you probably will like the T8 jump. I am very happy with mine. The T8 is not fully synthetic as has leather seat, knee rolls and girth straps.

I was lucky that it fitted my youngster best and I liked it best out of all the saddles the fitter brought with her

Last edited:

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I rode in a wintec pro jump once and really liked it. Much nicer than any of the more standard wintecs I've ridden in, it felt like a less hard version of a stubben jumping saddle

Our Tb has the pro jump, I don't jump but even giving him a school in it I really liked it.