Thank you Douglas.

Daffodil

Visit site
That is so sad, but what a man.

Did more for equestrian sport and SJ in particular than anyone else I can think of.

RIP

gummybear

Visit site
Excellent man, did wonders for the sport. Feel so sorry for the family having to finalise Hickstead next week and in July. Think a minute's silence next week at the show is a great idea though.

spaniel

Visit site
Ever since I was a child I have dreamt of coming off that bank and popping those white rails.

Thank you Douglas, I dont think any of us can express quite how much respect and affection you are held in.

RIP and all condolences to the family for a great man who will be genuinely missed.

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Ever since I was a child I have dreamt of coming off that bank and popping those white rails.

Thank you Douglas, I dont think any of us can express quite how much respect and affection you are held in.

RIP and all condolences to the family for a great man who will be genuinely missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spaniel said it all. End of an era.
frown.gif

horseygirl28

Visit site
This is very sad. Rest in Peace.

He was one of my best friends Godfather and in 2002 i was lucky enough to be invited to Hickstead and join the Bunn family for the day in their own personal little 'house/building' facing the main arena at Hickstead. It was a priveledge to meet Douglas and some of the Bunn family.

Thoughts and prayers with all his family and friends.

DuckToller

Visit site
Huge thanks to Douglas Bunn for his tremendous contribution to British show jumping. Hickstead is an amazing legacy, it shows what can be achieved by one man's vision and determination.

digger2

Visit site
RIP and condolences.

Adored my first competitive trip to Hickstead what vision and support to equestrian sport.

susan_w

Visit site
Ditto what Jaffs said. Thank you Douglas for your great contribution to showjumping. You will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with your family - RIP.

frown.gif

ironhorse

Visit site
Thank you Douglas for inventing team chasing, without which my life would be considerably duller! Perhaps we can have a memorial event at Hickstead (like the first one was) and you can cheer on from 'up there'!

I'm another one who spent all my childhood fantasising about Hickstead and when I was working for H&H some years ago was lucky enough to go and do some news reports from there, walk the Derby course and watch the fun from the Press box. Great memories!

Mudsplasher

Visit site
He taught my Godfather everything he knows about horses and he, in turn, has passed much of that knowledge and enthusiasm to me. I , also, was priviledged to have spent time at Hickstead as a guest of the family in their "cottage"
May you always jump clear everytime . RIP Douglas
frown.gif

eoe

Visit site
RIP Douglas you have done so much over the years for the sport of showjumping you have left one hell of a legacy.

Rambo

Visit site
Like many a child i grew up dreaming of riding at Hickstead....I have been priveleged to do so on several occasions...and even fulfilled my dream of riding in the international arena (and collecting a rosette from Dougie himself) albeit just as a participant in the Inter-Schools Team SJ'ing Champs. My point being that Dougie made those dreams....and fulfilled them for many
smile.gif

Hickstead will always hold a very special place in my heart and i will raise a glass to Douglas when i'm in the Champagne Bar next saturday watching the Speed Derby.

I know that the place is in good hands with his children and look forward to many years more enjoyment...thanks Dougie for giving us all something to dream about
smile.gif

Onyxia

Visit site
Such a sad loss
frown.gif
Thought are with his friends and family.

He really was one of the true greats of the horse world,his showground is one hell of a legacy.

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
Well said Rambo.
Hickstead was one of my childhood dreams, it also became my childrens dream. Thankyou so much Dougie for having the inspiration to build The All England Jumping Course. My son has been fortunate enough to win the 138 Winter Championship in the main arena at The Royal International. The sheer excitement of the Hickstead arena with it's famous Klaxon (sp) at the start of the round sends shivers down my spine. These experiences gave us more drive to try & achieve so much more. Dougie was probably the only show organisor that allowed the real "outsiders" a chance to ride the Hickstead Derby. For that I will be eternally grateful. It was the best, & most thrilling experience of our lives. So thank you so much Dougie, & the rest of the Bunn family who are all such lovely people. My heartfelt condolences to each & every one of you. I feel I must give a smile if only for the fabulous memories that you gave us
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
The man who made me live and breath showjumping and who gave me impossible dreams that I am still chasing now at 35! I salute you Douglas Bunn, long live your memory!

joy

Visit site
I too dreamt of riding in that arena, I too live eat and breathe showjumping thanks to Douglas Bunn.
One of showjumpings greats, there are only a few of his ilk left and we must treasure everyone of them.