Thank you for the tips Lady Godiva

Patches

Visit site
Just wanted to post a public thank you to you for all of the helpful hints and tips last week.

We just went to fetch the heifers in for winter. Decided to hang back once we'd got them headed to the track and let Bess stay ahead of us, just to observe what she did.

Well, you were so right, as I realise you will know. She was amazing. She moved around behind them to drive them forward, moved in sharply towards any that went to turn or hung back too.

When we got in to the farm yard they all fanned out from the track. As soon as she realised where they should go, she was running around them, gathering up stray stubborn ones to rejoin the group and driving them on.

She was so "fired up" by the time they were in the shed she needed a stern reminder "that'll do". She was running into the shed after them.

Bless her heart. She was utterly fabulous to watch.

I'm not ashamed to say I got a little bit of a lump in my throat, in awe at what she can do when you leave her to sort it out for herself.

Roll on next Spring. She's going to have so much fun. No doubt there will be more requests for suggestions and helpful pointers (at where we've gone wrong probably) along the way.

Amazing. Thank you again.
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
I am being so soppy over her, aren't I?

Never really envisaged myself owning a BC before, always loved Spaniels, but Bess has totally converted me.

I'm already thinking up names for the next one! Pip is top of my list!

HeatherAda

Visit site
Possibly
grin.gif
... but then I'm exactly the same. I have a collie x, and just love how clever she is. I hadn't had a collie type before and now I'm totally sold on them. I babble on to anyone who will listen about all my girl's achievements.

Nice to hear about a dog really thriving. Good luck keeping up with her!

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I missed your post last week so it's lovely to have an update on her.

Miss you loads, places are not the same without you so hope all is well with you and yours!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you do a search and find last week's pics Pat? She's grown loads. We're really pleased with her.

I'm sure the forums are just as interesting without me and my inane posts.

I'm trying to stick to the dog section for now,.....really don't want to get sucked back into forum life if I can help it. Much better for my sanity after my last little foray on the dark side.