Thank you Pammy Hutton - and Horse & Hound. You're a great team!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I confess I'm the mingy sort who has a quick look at a magazine I follow before I take it to the till. If nothing catches my eye, I tend not to buy. Spotted the Comment bit - Pammy Hutton this week - always a good read. I was VERY glad my local newsagent hadn't run out - as he had by Thursday lunchtime last week!

Pammy Hutton is so right! Those of us for whom horses have been a MAJOR part of our lives, know what the answer is when our lives aren't going as planned. We CAN'T just hide away and feel sorry for ourselves - ruddy horses have to be looked after, and even just a nice hack on a good friend can cheer you up for a bit while you sort out the answers in your head. Many of us have suffered tragedy in our lives; and many of us have found the strength to 'kick on' with the help of our friends. But how many of us have plucked up the courage to bare our soul to others, let alone thousands of H&H readers and others in the horse world who only 'know' us as a 'name'. THAT takes real courage and a genuine desire to help others. I shouldn't be at all surprised that Pammy Hutton had the courage - or the desire to help those she doesn't even know. She IS a daughter of Mrs Molly Sivewright. FBHS, FIH, FABRS. And those letters after her name were NOT the extent of her work. In a voluntary capacity, she helped develop the BHS from its launch, she was also probably THE chief driving force for the start (and healthy growth) of the Riding for the Disabled Association. She will always be remembered, with fondness and gratitude for all those she helped in so many ways, and her great books on 'Thinking Riding'. Let's think on how we can help Pammy really follow in her mother's footsteps.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mem...4359327503&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic#

Pammy H

claret09

Visit site
An amazing lady, who does talk a lot of sense. there are many occasions over the years when the only reason I have got out of bed in the morning is to go and "do my horse". I very much admire Pammy Hutton - I love her no nonsense approach. not everyone's depression is dealt with by "just getting on with it" but for some of us it does help. Everyone is different and different approaches help. I personally can not imagine life without my horse and / or cats, they help give life a purpose

Velcrobum

Visit site
I have a huge amount of respect for Pammy having heard her speak at Isis Dressage Group AGM many, many years ago - some of the more staid members were not approving of her saying it as it was however!! She and her family know their stuff and I am glad she will stick her head over the parapet at times. One day I will treat myself to a lesson with her.

alexomahony

Visit site
She's just fantastic isn't she - I had no idea of what she'd been through and she speaks a huge amount of sense. I love her approach. As with @Velcrobum I one day plan to have a lesson there on one of the schoolmasters.