Thank you peeps.

cobgirlie

Visit site
I asked the other day about keeping a horse in a stable, as I've always had field kept heavy boys being forced to bring one of my cobs in for the evenings threw me as I wasn't sure the best way to have a stable! Anyway long story short I was advised to invest in stable mats and have shaving banks and just sprinkle some shavings over the mat!!!

Had 1 mat so bought 2 more at £29 each (heavy doesn't come into it but at least they won't slip!!!) from the local feed place and just used the shavings I'd had in the stable (I'd put 5 bags in previously which was making mucking out time 30mins plus and I felt I was wasting alot of bedding!!). So the last 5 nights he's been amazingly clean, just using one area of the stable and he's sleeping in the corner against the banks!!! I can now muck out in 5 minutes, I used barely any bedding and he's so much cleaner!!!

So thank you and those people who think that sometime the most trivial questions should be scoffed at...:p. Cos to the 'experienced' person with stable kept horses it might seem a very silly question but it's given me back time with my horses and will save me a fortune over the months.