Thank you to all the gamesmakers

tiggs

Visit site
Just back from a fantastic day at Greenwich and would like to say thank you to all the volunteers who were so helpful and smiley all day long. It was a magical day.

Goya

Visit site
As a Gamesmaker, I thank you for your kind comments. The crowd in general were fantastic, although sadly there were one or two who were rude to us when we stopped them crossing when a horse came.
One person even asked me why they couldn't walk " along the empty strip of grass" to get around the course.

CalllyH

Visit site
The games makers were just so delightful except for one bored looking boy on the coke stall but he didn't have the purple uniform on

We were so impressed with them saying morning etc and they were so helpful

We talked to one on the train back who said she's up at half five every day to travel to her shift for half seven and they are on 12 hour shifts. She was knackered but loving it

Karran

Visit site
Yes, I was thinking this, this morning. Everyone has been so cheery and helpful. You've all worked so hard to make this fun for us!

rambling

Visit site
A big thank you from me as well to all the Gamesmakers who greeted us on our way to the Greenwich they were wonderful ambassadors for your country. They answered our questions and wished us a happy day with such good humourand kindness you should be so proud if them all.

Madam Min

Visit site
I too agree, they were all really helpful and smiley and especially in what could have been difficult /frustrating situations i.e getting large amounts people after the event down to the station.

Well done and thank you! :)

Mega

Visit site
I'd like to add my praise for the fantastic games makers, who really made the games for us! As everyone else has said, all so helpful and cheery all day. I can't believe anyone could be rude to them. Shame on those few and a million thank yous to the games makers xxx

robthecob

Visit site
I just posted in the competition lounge something similar. You guys were amazing :D really just as proud of everyone who volunteered as I am of the team, the sense of pride from everyone there was amazing :D I really think it will leave a lasting impression on anyone who has visited the country for the games :D

strictlyhorsey

Visit site
Just back from the final showjumping day and have to add my praise to the gamesmakers as well. So cheerful and helpful it was a delight and helped make an already stupendous day even more so. Well done.

welshone

Visit site
As one of the Greenwich gamesmakers I'd like to say a big thankyou for all your kind comments - great to hear you all had a good time. We are all loving being part of it, the atmosphere at Greenwich Park has been amazing. Now just need a foot massage.............!

{51248}

Visit site
I volunteered to be a games maker.... didnt get accepted (sob...).... wish I could have been there as part of the games maker team.

misst

Visit site
Yep another big thank you here:)

Also can I mention the military please? The guy who did our security should have been away on holiday this week but was still polite, smiling and very friendly and super efficient - so a big THANK YOU TO THE MILLITARY:D

Superhot

Visit site
As a Gamesmaker, thank you so much for all the appreciative comments. To be honest, it was a bit daunting thinking there would be 50,000 people at the XC, but what a joy you all were! The atmosphere was terrific, you could hear the roar across the park at every jump when team GB were competing. I can honestly say that I didn't have anyone complaining at the crossing point when incidents had happened, and we had to hold the crowd back for a while, everyone understood and was very patient. No rider or horse was seriously hurt during the event thank goodness, so for me personally, it is something I will remember being a part of for the rest of my life. Thank you so much to Team GB, my fellow Gamesmakers and to the public for making the whole event so memorable!