Thanks for your advice now you can meet my new girl

HollyB66

Visit site
Morning all

Just a quick thank you to everyone who gave me advice when I was looking for my first horse, piccies below
smile.gif

She's 17yrs old, well schooled (not that you can see it when I ride her
smile.gif
), and very calm and steady. She's about 14.3hh and a strawberry roan, arab cross. She passed her 5 stage vetting with flying colours and we've had her for just over a week now. She has not put a foot wrong - we are on a steep learning curve - but she is very patient with us, thankfully.

So, nothing like all the other horses I considered. I could have made so many mistakes if I had gone for some of the others. Although not 'over horsed' she has an ability for us to grow into. Our instructor tried her out and was very pleased with what she can do - all we have to do now is learn how to ask her.

Thanks again, peeps
smile.gif

HelenRosie.jpg

Onthemove.jpg

c2b

Visit site
She sounds perfect. Always a good thing getting the "right" horse.
I love her colour.......

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
That's brilliant
smile.gif

Well done you for finding a lovely horse! I hope you have lots of fun together - it's a learning curve for everyone so don't think it's just you!
wink.gif

Kate x

Tickles

Visit site
My first (share) horse is a totally 'unsuitable' chestnut Arab-x. Just becasue you were looking for something else doesn't mean that right horse didn't find you.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress together!

WeeBrown

Visit site
A chestnut mare is always a good choice
smile.gif
She's looks lovely.
As H's mum said - it is always a learning curve for everyone....and as my instructor always says "You're never satisfied; as soon as you learn the thing you wanted to learn you've thought of something else you now want". That's what keeps it fun!
I'll look forward to your updates.

mrgoop

Visit site
Yay, well done on finding the perfect partner. She looks lovely and you loook over the moon.
Good luck with her and hope you have many happy years together

Ziggy_

Visit site
Oh she is lovely. Congratulations and hope you have many years of fun together. The first few months are always a bit shaky and a very steep learning curve but it does get easier!!

Mahoganybay

Visit site
She looks lovely, Arabs are great, once you have one and they suit your needs, you will never look back, intelligent, playful, hardy and very very loyal.

You are both very lucky to have found each other and have many many years of fun together.

Nice to see a happy post.