That elusive rosette is finally ours!

Mynyddcymro

Visit site
Hi everyone, thought I'd write up a show report as I'm still on cloud 9!

Tigger and I attended the Northern Counties Pony Association summer show at Oswestry showground on Saturday. I had struggled to arrange transport for weeks prior to the show and as it was my 21st Birthday I was desperate to go, my dad finally agreed to take me (it was his first time ever coming to a show).
Tigs has been going beautifully recently and is really looking his best.

On the way it tipped it down with rain but luckily cleared once we arrived. On the way back from putting my entries in I saw a lovely big coloured standard - very similar to my boy - win her class against some nice black Shetlands, this filled me with hope!

I got Tigs off the trailer and we headed down to the ringside to wait for our class. There was a lot of lovely miniatures around and I must admit to doubting our chances in our first class (Non black miniature Shetland over 4 years).

It was our turn to go into the ring and as I circled past the judge and stewaed I overhead 'that's the winner' whilst pointing to Tigs. Tigs really moved, and he stood like a rock too (he can be hit and miss in the manners department). A late entrant was allowed into the ring, a lovely chestnut miniature gelding. Unfortunately said pony won - but he was a lovely example. However Tigs was placed 2nd out of a lovely strong class - I was over the moon, we never do so well in Shetlands.

Our next class was a CHAPS class - coloured native/traditional. Once again Tigger went beautifully and was pulled in 1st. I always knew his strong point was in coloured classes but was still chuffed.
We had to wait for the other classes to finish before going into the championship against some truly nice looking animals. Tigs didn't seem to show off quite as much as normal however he'd bagged it and was unbelievably pulled in as Champion Coloured! He has been reserve a few times but I have been waiting so long for us to get that elusive champion rosette!

I won't lie, I cried. My best friend had excelled himself and everyone who ever doubted us. But best of all my dad was there, at the ringside watching. Many times he'd say 'I wouldn't bother showing that, you're wasting your time, it only has one eye.' It used to upset me, but Tigs showed him!

The photographer asked me to kneel down next to him for our photo and as I did Tigs promptly lifted his leg and crossed it across my lap and left it there. It was magical, I genuinely believe he was cuddling me, what a birthday present!

We left the ring and unfortunately dad wouldn't wait for the final championship so we headed home. But I was and still am on such a high I just had to share with you all!

Here is the picture of him 'hugging' me, I have brought this photo.

m806r8.jpg

Unfortunately I can't upload anymore at the moment!

And thank you for reading, it was quite long winded!

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Hi everyone, thought I'd write up a show report as I'm still on cloud 9!

Tigger and I attended the Northern Counties Pony Association summer show at Oswestry showground on Saturday. I had struggled to arrange transport for weeks prior to the show and as it was my 21st Birthday I was desperate to go, my dad finally agreed to take me (it was his first time ever coming to a show).
Tigs has been going beautifully recently and is really looking his best.

On the way it tipped it down with rain but luckily cleared once we arrived. On the way back from putting my entries in I saw a lovely big coloured standard - very similar to my boy - win her class against some nice black Shetlands, this filled me with hope!

I got Tigs off the trailer and we headed down to the ringside to wait for our class. There was a lot of lovely miniatures around and I must admit to doubting our chances in our first class (Non black miniature Shetland over 4 years).

It was our turn to go into the ring and as I circled past the judge and stewaed I overhead 'that's the winner' whilst pointing to Tigs. Tigs really moved, and he stood like a rock too (he can be hit and miss in the manners department). A late entrant was allowed into the ring, a lovely chestnut miniature gelding. Unfortunately said pony won - but he was a lovely example. However Tigs was placed 2nd out of a lovely strong class - I was over the moon, we never do so well in Shetlands.

Our next class was a CHAPS class - coloured native/traditional. Once again Tigger went beautifully and was pulled in 1st. I always knew his strong point was in coloured classes but was still chuffed.
We had to wait for the other classes to finish before going into the championship against some truly nice looking animals. Tigs didn't seem to show off quite as much as normal however he'd bagged it and was unbelievably pulled in as Champion Coloured! He has been reserve a few times but I have been waiting so long for us to get that elusive champion rosette!

I won't lie, I cried. My best friend had excelled himself and everyone who ever doubted us. But best of all my dad was there, at the ringside watching. Many times he'd say 'I wouldn't bother showing that, you're wasting your time, it only has one eye.' It used to upset me, but Tigs showed him!

The photographer asked me to kneel down next to him for our photo and as I did Tigs promptly lifted his leg and crossed it across my lap and left it there. It was magical, I genuinely believe he was cuddling me, what a birthday present!

We left the ring and unfortunately dad wouldn't wait for the final championship so we headed home. But I was and still am on such a high I just had to share with you all!

Here is the picture of him 'hugging' me, I have brought this photo.

m806r8.jpg

Unfortunately I can't upload anymore at the moment!

And thank you for reading, it was quite long winded!

First of all congratulation and a massive well done :D What a lovely picture..

I also went I did my first worker on my new baby horse and she aced it so I was over the moon with her so I also had a very good day.. I'm sure I was standing right next to you when my mom took my sisters naughty coloured in the inhand class, I was holding a rather large chestnut with a newmarket rug on you wont hav missed us lol .. Are you going to POYS?

Mynyddcymro

Visit site
Oldenburg27 - thanks so much! I distinctly remember a coloured with very little steering, is that the one? I imagine I will have seen you but would have been eyeing up the other coloureds!
Yes, I really hope so, providing we get our own vehicle that can tow. He's qualified a few times this year and also for PUK which I am now seriously considering! Will you be there? And well done with your horse too!

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Oldenburg27 - thanks so much! I distinctly remember a coloured with very little steering, is that the one? I imagine I will have seen you but would have been eyeing up the other coloureds!
Yes, I really hope so, providing we get our own vehicle that can tow. He's qualified a few times this year and also for PUK which I am now seriously considering! Will you be there? And well done with your horse too![/QUOTE

That will be my poor mother being dragged around you would not think she was lunge before she went in lol The stallion parked nr us sadly brought her into season and she has been a moo bag ever since ( she was a diamond in her ridden class) I guess that's mare's for you :/ All being well we will be going to POYS as they have moved it to rodbastion and its closer to us.. I dont normally show but it was the only way I was going to get my girl out so took her to do the workers its close to jumping as I was going to get ha ha

All being well see you at POYS :D