The 2019 Badminton XC Thread

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
prize giving is on at 4.30 or am I imagining things?

It varies, hunt will go round while they sort out then they will crack on with it because badders prize giving takes bloomin ages for all the different prizes, Burghley much more efficient in that respect and just list the extras.

ihatework

Visit site
Well what a squad we have for next year!
At this point in time WFP right back up in a selection position, alongside Oli, Piggy and probably Tina? Although with 14 months to go and many other talents coming through, London 52 and that class ... exciting times!

ETA - And Ros!!!

Last edited:

lannerch

Visit site
Well what a squad we have for next year!
At this point in time WFP right back up in a selection position, alongside Oli, Piggy and probably Tina? Although with 14 months to go and many other talents coming through, London 52 and that class ... exciting times!

ETA - And Ros!!!
And also Tom probably in front of Tina either way exciting times

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Just managed to watch the highlights programme. Delighted for Piggy but what an awful way for Oli to lose. I really think he rode beautifully. And Piggy's horse touched 3 fences! The 'if only's' on this one will be hard to let go of. Loved his interview too. "I'm thrilled for Piggy... well I'm not thrilled right now for her....' Made me laugh.

DiNozzo

Visit site
Of course! Sorry Tom 🤭
Too many good Brits, don’t envy the selectors - I reckon we will have 8-10 potential medal chances to choose from assuming they all stay sound and on form

And Pippa too? Probably not this time around, but next?

Reactions: TPO

Orangehorse

Visit site
Poor, poor Olie, what a way to lose 1st place. Happened to Richard Meade once and Mark Philips won, if I remember correctly.

Piggy certainly deserved it though, congrats to her.

When I look at the pre competition course I always think - impossible, exhausting, yet in the competition the horses just merrily jump over those enormous fences and make them look nothing. What great horses and riders they are.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Very pleased to see Piggy win. Poor Oli, but he had last week and he’s won 4*s many times before- he’ll be back! Piggy is just so humble and quiet. All in all it was a great Badminton. I wonder if it was the closest finish on record too?

As for teams, everyone forgot that Ros will perhaps be back too? But we’re going to have to watch out for the Wizard of Oz, Mr Burton.

lannerch

Visit site
Very pleased to see Piggy win. Poor Oli, but he had last week and he’s won 4*s many times before- he’ll be back! Piggy is just so humble and quiet. All in all it was a great Badminton. I wonder if it was the closest finish on record too?

As for teams, everyone forgot that Ros will perhaps be back too? But we’re going to have to watch out for the Wizard of Oz, Mr Burton.
No don’t worry we certainly did not forget ros 👍

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Just caught up with it on iplayer (been carefully avoiding all media so I didn't know the result!). What an amazing finish. I was really hoping Piggy would get the win, but didn't think she would.