The best non- stretch leathers?

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I've had stubben, collegiate and barnsby.. Not pleased with either of these.

I'm debating trying keiffer?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Louby

Visit site
I bought Jaguar ones to match my saddle 8 years ago and they are still going strong with minimal wear. I went ouch at the time as they were expensive but theyve been really good.

Coop

Visit site
Jaguar-they are bloomin' expensive now but I have had a couple of pairs for years and they are still the same, they have nice small gaps between holes for fine tuning!

I've had Amerigo, they are ok, but they have stretched ever so slightly whereas the Jag's have not!

Passier ones are quite cheap, but leather wears badly. x

AprilBlossom

Visit site
Phew it's not just me with stretchy stubens! I was starting to worry I was far too heavy in my leg - have gone from hole 9 to hole 12 with a twist - hello feeling like a child!!

Any cheap recommendations for a poor person? :)

tibby

Visit site
I bought some non stretch leathers from Matt Marlow they were mid price range, they have not stretched at all, my treadstone and shires leathers did.

marmalade76

Visit site
Phew it's not just me with stretchy stubens! I was starting to worry I was far too heavy in my leg - have gone from hole 9 to hole 12 with a twist - hello feeling like a child!!

Any cheap recommendations for a poor person? :)

I've got a spare pair, hardly been used. A tenna to you!

I had a pair made for me a few years ago at 50", they now measure 54" and I've gone up the holes too.
If I'd known they were going to stretch that much, I would have just bought myself a pair of kids' ones!

Last edited: