The best stirrup leathers?

emilylou

Visit site
As the title. What are the best stirrup leathers to buy? I bought good quality english leather ones from a high end tack shop that made their own about 4 years ago. For the price I paid I expected them to last longer but now they have stretched so much they are almost beyond useable.
Also interested in the best stirrups for eventing (all disciplines)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Henry James are the best I've found - until I had these I was buying a new pair of leathers every 6 months but the HJ ones have lasted ~3 years and seen some heavy use. They also haven't marked my saddle at all. Well worth the money :).

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i splashed out and bought albion stirrup leathers as they are not bulky and are supposed to be stretch proof. have ridden in them for 2 years and they are still exactly the same length...they were a bit pricey though...

blitznbobs

Visit site
I like t bar ones - the buckles give me bruises ... the Bates ones are the best I found... if you like normal stirrup leathers I go for hide ones that are reinforced with webbing inside. I have the Albion ones and the equipe ones and neither have stretched over many years.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I always use the ones with seat belt material in the core and calf skin on the outside. They don't stretch and the holes are not too far apart. They are also slimmer. I have had some for 10+ years and although they now look scruffy, they are still perfectly aligned and the holes don't grow long!

They cost around £100.