The best wellies are...????

aradiagreen

Visit site
Hello everyone,

My beloved hunter willies have split across the sole on one foot so are no longer waterproof. I wear them to wade through the mud in the field gate-way when catching my ponies and when walking my dogs. So I need a new pair! I like the slim fit of my hunters but hated the lack of grip on the sole, very slippery. Any suggestions? Hunters don't seem as well made as they used to be.

Many thanks!

now_loves_mares

Visit site
Hunters are now sadly made in China. I'm about to post a thread about Uk (or at least European) brands actually! My husband has a pair of Aigle Neoprene wellies he loves. I'm wearing muck boots just now which are warm and cheap (and probably made in China too), but they are particularly ugly and very slippy.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
My favourites are Muck Boot Tynes.

In fairness to Hunters, I like mine for warmer weather. They are light and comfortable, slim fit on my legs and so far, they are wearing very well after 13 months of abuse.

I have the leather Le Chameau's, which are just perfect for the yard and wearing with jeans anywhere.

sophspot

Visit site
Dunlops when I was buying them lasted 2 year's hard wear & for my birthday last year was given chameau's best wellies I've ever worn.

iconique

Visit site
Centuryboots the 'new' hunter! Apparently they used to make the hunter boots before they decided to manufacture in China (explains why the modern ones don't appear to last?)

starry23

Visit site
Another vote for Le Chameau. Love mine! I got one of their cheaper models and I got about 10% off their RRP as a country place had them on clearance on ebay.

Renvers

Visit site
Another vote for Century boots love mine
- although like the look of the leather le chameaus as my ariat grasmeres are rubbish

crazyhorse37

Visit site
I like the muckboot company. I find them warm and comfortable. Only thing is I do wear out the soles, but they do get very hard wear and tear and last me 18 months to 2 years a pair, which I think is fair for twice daily wear.

robden

Visit site
The warranty on Hunters is now invalid if used for equestrian purposes according to my local saddlery, apart from the Balmoral :(