The boot search continues..his legs are too wide! *pics*

Blizzard

Visit site
Well after spending a long time last week trying to decide which size ww double lock brusing boots Lance would need, I finally decided on large in front, XL behind.

Lare frontsare supposed to fit 10.5 inches bone, Lance has 10 in front and 11 behind. Well they came, and they are too bloody small!
frown.gif

But they are long enough as he is only 16.2hh, and I think the 14.5" length of the XL will be wide enough for him, but too long.

hmpf!!

Front:
DSC09620.jpg

DSC09629.jpg

Back:

DSC09633.jpg

Dont know what to do now,shame as he suits the colour!

DSC09638.jpg

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That is really annoying! Esp as they were special order. I had some sportabac boots that I bought for Hector that were a large but they were huge so I gave them away, might be worth trying, but dont know if they do reflective ones

[/ QUOTE ]

his arent actually relective road ones, they are just black with yellow straps, ie the normal brushing boots, you can order them with all kinds of coloured straps now, only the badge is reflective, Lance's colour next year is going to be black and yellow...easy because he is black!
grin.gif

My friend said just use them but i dont like the fact they dont even wrap around his leg fully!
frown.gif

ReefurG

Visit site
N.E.W used to do some "Workman" brushing boots that came in a special size which were short but very wide for horses with lots of bone but shorter legs, I used to have some for an ID cross, I got them from Equestrian Clearance Warehouse.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Try Legacy boots. i use them on my mare, who has masses of bone but little stubby legs. They fit her just fine, and are very hard wearing. in fact they are of a very similar design to the WW ones.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Woof do a special boot for horses that have a bit of bone, but shorter length cannon bones. We bought a set for the 18hh HW hunter on the yard. Extra large were too long for him - but fitted width wise.

We found the Meduim Xtra Wide to fit really well.

Here

madmuppet

Visit site
I have a maxi cob and have major probs getting boots to fit him.. I cant them wide enough and if i do they are far too long.. so far the only boots i have found that are a good fit are legacy boots or masta leather brushing boots..

K27

Visit site
Ive found with my 2 large horses that Woof brushing boots with 3/4 straps just dont fit them- I tried the Woof 2 strap Club boots on my 16.2 IDXTB in Medium on the fronts and Large on the hinds and they fit perfectly. Also have the Equilibrium boots which are in a size 2 fronts and 3hinds on my 16.2, and size3 fronts and size 4 on my 17.2 who has a lot of bone.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ive found with my 2 large horses that Woof brushing boots with 3/4 straps just dont fit them- I tried the Woof 2 strap Club boots on my 16.2 IDXTB in Medium on the fronts and Large on the hinds and they fit perfectly. Also have the Equilibrium boots which are in a size 2 fronts and 3hinds on my 16.2, and size3 fronts and size 4 on my 17.2 who has a lot of bone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I cant get Tri Zone boots around either of my horses legs!
blush.gif

beau and Lance are a size 4 in the stretch and flex, the problem is they have 10" bone in front and 11" behind.

JessPickle

Visit site
I was just given some lovely mark todd tendon boots for my birthday, they are not even XL and fit pickle which is quite an achievement.