The Budweiser Clydesdales , please read this.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Just posted this on ToH.

That's all Budweiser products off my shopping list as well as my nearest and dearest and anyone else I have any influence over (if they're not already sickened by it).

outhorsed

Visit site
I have just emailed them to tell them that I am boycotting their product and explaining the reasons why. If anyone else wishes to do so Budweiser can be contacted in the UK at salesdept@budvar.co.uk,

My email is as follows:-" It is with utter disgust that I write to explain that I will be boycotting your product due to your sponsorship of the cruel spectacle of the TWH "big lick" show at Selbyville.

The particular juxtaposition of a company which utilises the power and majesty of equines in its marketing to such an extent, and yet being happy to associate itself with this barbaric activity (I cannot bear to call it a "sport"), is entirely sickening.

I shall be ensuring that my network of friends is aware of your sponsorship."

I shall appraise you all of their response if and when this is received.

Muckmeister

Visit site
Outhorsed
I believe the email address you are quoting is that of the Czech brewery Budvar, who as far as I know have nothing to do with the American company Budweiser. They sell a beer called Budweiser in Europe, that is all.
I don't think writing to Budvar is going to have much of an impact tbh.

outhorsed

Visit site
Good catch Muckmeister - you are obviously a beer officianado. I am a Bollinger girl myself ;) Rather than get into the murky world of which global drinks conglomarate owns which, thought I would find another route. To this end have also found their facebook page and posted there. Please do feel free to join the debate @ https://www.facebook.com/BudweiserUK?fref=ts

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Disgusting. Commented on their FB page and shared on my fb page. This is one activity that is just abhorrent, to starve a horse is by no means excusable, but this type of cruelty is just beyond belief :mad3: :mad: :mad3:

Circe

Visit site
Can't believe Budweiser would do this, the cruelty involved in the TWH is well known.... I would say this is a rather large pr failure for the company.
Kx

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
It does appear that it's not the company as such but a local distributor - which is the reason for the weasel words on the Bud UK FB page.

How they handle their association / contract with the distributor will be interesting in the light of the disgust on the UK and US FB pages and direct complaints.

FWIW I far prefer the Budweiser Budvar:D

Potato!

Visit site
I just had a reply from them
"Hi Alex, it seems we’ve been misidentified by some media as the corporate sponsor for the Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration. In fact, we are not a corporate sponsor and our Budweiser Clydesdales have no affiliation or appearances related to this event. Thank you."

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I just had a reply from them
"Hi Alex, it seems we’ve been misidentified by some media as the corporate sponsor for the Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration. In fact, we are not a corporate sponsor and our Budweiser Clydesdales have no affiliation or appearances related to this event. Thank you."

What they mean is that their local distributor is sponsoring the event. It would be unlikely that their products will not be on sale and thus unlikely that they will not benefit from the event in increased sales.