The Cheltenham Festival

Kadastorm

Visit site
Rachael Blackmore is having an amazing week!

Only got a single each way bet on The Cob, Native River and Frodon (I couldn’t pick one & it’s just for fun).

Kadastorm

Visit site
I’m watching! Rachael is having an amazing week. I did well the second day with my bets but the last two days I’ve been pants ?

I would love to see Frodon or Native River win the Gold Cup and if not, then I would love to see Rachael Blackmore get there. It’s been a great few days.

Visit site
I would love to see Al Boum Photo do the treble! But I would also love to see Native River win. Sorry but I think Bryony Frost will be an absolute disaster on tv if she wins. We have had a week of Rachael Blackmore being very straightforward, matter of fact speaker and ok maybe I am just a bit harder from racing compared to most horsey people but she is pathetic and childish in her interviews.

It was nice of both Blackmore and Bromhead to give credit to the team at Cullentra over the win of Quilixios in the Triumph.

Visit site
Well an absolute whitewash from the Irish! Rachel Blackmore is an amazing tactician!
the home team are going to be scratching their heads now!

I did think it would be an interesting Festival with the restrictions on the travelling for most of the racing season which meant a lot of horses only met for the first time this week.

McGrools

Visit site
I did think it would be an interesting Festival with the restrictions on the travelling for most of the racing season which meant a lot of horses only met for the first time this week.

If they’d have met before we probably wouldnt have bothered turning up for the festival! Lol!

Kadastorm

Visit site
The Irish have been incredible! Glad Native River got up for 4th and Frodon set a great pace but just couldn’t stay, I would love to jump him. I really like Bryony, people in racing don’t seem to but you can’t be everyone’s cuppa tea.

Old school

Visit site
Great week of racing. Delighted to see that it is big mix of winning owners and no one team wiping everyone's eye. For years the Irish breeder watched their horses win for English trainers and owners. It was always apparent how well schooled UK horses are. The Irish then improved their flatwork for racehorses and there is improved awareness of the other side, i.e. physio, dentist etc. Growing up in Ireland, the wolf teeth were removed and it sort of ended there. The UK had always been superior in their management. Maybe we are just catching up. Also delighted to see so few dramas of unpleasant fallers, screens etc. Did BHA give everyone a strict talking to? Certainly with the social stable having something like 40million plus engagement, how NH racing presents itself is crucial. Finally, poor Francesca seems to be choking with how well the Irish are doing.

McGrools

Visit site
Love that little grey mare Ellie May! Balls of steele! Reminds me of Little Tiger the 4* eventer from a few years back!
fabulous week of racing! I think it will have done well for the image of the sport

edited to add, very dodgy spelling! Meant to say Elimay! just looked at her breeding!