The course to try love never did run smooth...

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
This really should be jubilant yet apologetic for being late account of last weekend, which despite an appalling dressage test due to me riding like a pair of pants with snapped elastic and 2 down SJ (I was thrilled to complete after the hellish time I've had over the last year or so)was a great success on account of Boozie & I completing all 3 phases the BE100. Sweetened by the most awesome round xc- Boozie absolutely flew & it was the first time in a long time I was absolutely enjoying every minute! I grinned all the way round & so did Boozie.
Camsden really is a lovely event.

Now as a result of me hitting the deck & knocking myself out just before Bricky, & thus being unable to compete we had entered Bovington this weekend as one last (hopefully) confidence prep before Aldon. Aldon being my local event that I have dreamed of competing at forever, but never had the horse - too small (not allowed), too lame, too psycho. Lat sunny, post Calmsden was spent meticulously clipping my increasingly fluffy donkey to reveal the venter within. I returned to uni, escaped again on Wednesday to have a wonderful jumping lesson- Boozie was very cheery & cocky! I reluctantly returned to uni last night. This afternoon I had a phone call to say booze had been kicked both above the knee & below the stifle. its not pretty, but we think & hope it is just superficial, although quite tender. So its looking like there will be another big 'WD' on our record. *sigh* . Tbh I'm a bit heartbroken, Boozie is such a gentle soul (adores children &love) & very much bottom of the pile in the herd, but is so inoffensive & non confrontational that she moves away at the slightest hint of a backwards ear.
I'll see her tomorrow and we'll reassess.

good luck to all competing this weekend
LRR

hobo

Visit site
You wonder why we put ourselves through owning horses but we love them good & bad times. I hope Boozie gets well soon fingers crossed that it is not as bad as it looks if not it will have to be next year for you.

PorkChop

Visit site
Oh pants :(

Its times like this that I tell myself that everything happens for a reason.

Really well done for flying around Camsden, hope you bought a fabby picture - look at it and remember the feeling, then crack on through the winter, ready for next season :)