The dog you want? or love the one you're with :)

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
We've had all sorts over the years, almost all rescues or strays. Having been through Border Collies, Jack Russells, Rottweillers, Beagles, Irish Water Spaniels (never again! Mad!), many lurchers and greyhounds (lovely, lovely: probs my favourites), Irish Wolfhounds (too heart breakingly short-lived), Old English Sheepdog, Labradors, and good old Heinz 57's, current residents are a Whippet, whom I adore, and a terrier/Pomeranian cross (don't worry, we love him too).

My secret longing is for a Pug or French Bulldog, which I know is just plain wrong due to all the breathing problems, etc., but I just adore them. Maybe when I really am an old lady....but I'll always have a whippet.

Shady

Visit site
We've had all sorts over the years, almost all rescues or strays. Having been through Border Collies, Jack Russells, Rottweillers, Beagles, Irish Water Spaniels (never again! Mad!), many lurchers and greyhounds (lovely, lovely: probs my favourites), Irish Wolfhounds (too heart breakingly short-lived), Old English Sheepdog, Labradors, and good old Heinz 57's, current residents are a Whippet, whom I adore, and a terrier/Pomeranian cross (don't worry, we love him too).

My secret longing is for a Pug or French Bulldog, which I know is just plain wrong due to all the breathing problems, etc., but I just adore them. Maybe when I really am an old lady....but I'll always have a whippet.
I know 3 people with Pugs and they do NOTHING all day, just sleep and snort!
One of my closest friends got a French Bulldog last year and I swear to god it is the funniest , sweetest thing, ugly as sin but completely adorable. It is also very naughty but I'm not sure who's fault that is as my friend's a bit bohemian and i'm pretty certain has indulged it's every whim. He's all white with a black eye patch like a pirate and is muscled up like a tiny little pit bull.
I don't know if it's normal for the breed but he climbs things when he wants something , works it all out and gets on the worktops or bookcases or whatever he has chosen, nothing is safe if there is a way up. She found him on the mantle piece once!
Oh , and he snores loud enough to wake the dead!