The Dry Dog Food Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupertthebear

Visit site
My new pup is being fed on waggs dry puppy food I've been told.

So I guess as its a red rating I'll want to change that asap.

Would anyone like to recommend a puopy food for a terrier..

We used to feed my last dog james wellbeloved I think, and arden grange was the other alternative at the time.

Live in ni, but access to pets at home and other smaller pet shops.

Many thanks for help :)

Fiona

I had pup on Wagg, it was great for him. Never upset his belly, he loved it! He is a good doer, but doesn't get on well with the more 'natural richer foods'!

Rupertthebear

Visit site
Dry is better IMO, wet is more expensive, mostly water and you have to feed more of it! Plus wet makes mine smelly, id much rather moisten the dry food to make it more palatable with some grated carrot etc, the odd bone!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Wagg contains carcinogenics. It is very low quality, hence the very low price. It contains virtually no meat and has lots of grains.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Why on earth would anyone take neutrino advice based only on the opinion of some one who happily admits they not qualified to give an opinion and gives us no reasons why her own opinion means anything .
I am off over to mumsnet to post some stuff on baby food .

You are not obliged, obviously, to follow any ideas on here. The index is a guide to what is in and the price of various foods. The OP clearly states that she is no expert. Blame me for asking her to post the guide. I thought it useful to have a summary without having to stare at packaging for hours.

Karran

Visit site
Posting this on here to get some ideas! Mrs Spaniel and I are off on a walking holiday to Mull end of July and then have qualified for the Flyball champs in Mid-August.
She's normally on raw and if she goes away I switch to Nature's menu tins but I dont want to weigh myself down with loads of those! So for ease I'd like to put her onto dry while i'm away, I've got time to experiment and find something that works, and doesn't lose her energy levels. She's also a bit of a stresshead and loses condition very easily, so that needs to be taken into consideration so any ideas from you guys would be very welcomed!

oldie48

Visit site
Hi just posting to say that I moved Stanley onto Millies wolfheart about three months ago and he loves it. my daughter's very fussy Viz has moved onto it and he loves it too. I am very impressed with it and it's not too expensive either, if you are looking for a good dry food, it's well worth a look.

Aru

Visit site
This probably needs to be updated and revised...now that some of the grainfree foods have been implicated in causing taurine deficiencies and heart failure in some dogs......

Status
Not open for further replies.