The Falls Club - Everyone's Welcome!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I'm hoping this thread won't be too busy due to it's nature! But in sh*teventers style I thought I would start a Falls Club - feel free to come in for a cuppa should anyone hit the deck, or do anything else sh*teventers worthy!

I'll start... Today I rode past a tarpaulin at one end of the school 15 times, on the 16th time it had become a horse eating monster and Jacob did a transition worthy of a 9 from shoulder-in to a gallop half pirouette.. Ok, he shat his pants and span out of there. I went straight out the side door but am thankfully completely unhurt, and I do at least now know my Air Jacket works well - this is the first time it's gone off. That'll teach me for riding in gale force winds after a week of not doing a lot. My, usually very restrained, instructors comment of 'he's a bloody big lump, but f*ck that was fast!' made me laugh so hard I also then nearly wet myself.

The worst part was going the yard with wet knickers (from the school surface, not wetting myself!) :D

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Glad you aren't hurt. It was a month ago now but Deza spun at some jump blocks she makes a fuss about whenever she has decided I'm asking her to do something too difficult, and guess who'd forgotten to tighten the girth?

Waste of a £20 CO² cannister ?

millikins

Visit site
From a few years back. Took pony for a hack, there was a ride we did sometimes where we sneaked through a small wood into a lovely big field, had a canter round and back down a track. I could feel Milly getting more and more wound up bending through the trees (bending was the only gymkhana game she enjoyed) then as we went into the field she exploded with the most enormous buck and I went flying. She then stood over me and her lovely face appeared to be so disappointed that I'd thoroughly spoiled her day.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Glad you aren't hurt. It was a month ago now but Deza spun at some jump blocks she makes a fuss about whenever she has decided I'm asking her to do something too difficult, and guess who'd forgotten to tighten the girth?

Waste of a £20 CO² cannister ?

This is totally something I would do, I am terrible for having a loose girth! He reared once and I ended up with him wearing the saddle as some sort of lumbar spine bum bag - that was embarrassing!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I was at a show on my stallion. Standing in the line up the Welsh Cob stallion next to him said something challenging to mine who reared straight up, my stirrups slipped off the bars and I was left standing behind his tail, feet in stirrups and we had to take the walk of shame out of the ring ?

Bruises are just going from a couple of weeks back when pony on hack spooked, spun,slipped and fell flat on the floor.

Last edited: