The fascination with "getting in the bloody way"

Auslander

Visit site
Wasn't feeling helpful today. saw me coming, turned his back and sploshed off into the field as if I was invisible. Heavy rain is all my fault!

Rosemary28

Visit site
P is very good at "helping". He's particularly good at standing in front of the gate so I can't open it whilst simultaneously getting annoyed that I'm taking too long to open the gate and feed him :rolleyes:

Reacher

Visit site
If Mr H has enjoyed his bucket feed, (ie usually) he then likes to lick my hands. He will block me when I’m trying to do jobs so I have let him lick my hands. Then he waves his hoof because his hay / water isn’t ready waiting for him.
(PS it’s not a salt deficiency, he gets 2 tablespoons per day in his feed)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
At least yours all get out of bed. In winter it is still dark when she has to go out. Blasted horse won't get up. I can halter her, sit on her, jump up and down, wizz a rope round. Even the good ol' Pony Club/Manual of Horsemastership routine of straightening a front leg does not work.

Yes, she is uncomfortable if she has a front leg straightened out in front of her, but the discomfort disappears completely if you groan and lie down completely flat. Straight front legs are comfy when lad completely on your side. Then you can rest your weary head on the pillow.

Mule

Visit site
I had one who used to walk in front of the horse I was riding to try and block him from going forward. She was quiet so I thought she'd be ok left loose in the arena. For some reason she disapproved of me riding the other horse.

little_critter

Visit site
Mine has upped the ante. The physio has said we need to do more carrot stretches, which we are doing. So now every time I do up a girth or put on a rug i have a pair of lips following me around looking for a carrot. At least it will help his suppleness!