The film 'The Horse Whisperer'

NZJenny

Visit site
One the worse books ever written and the film is terrible too. Re-read National Velvet during the winter - very different book to read as an adult and just fabulous. Best film - still The Black Stallion. Beautifully made.

Love

Visit site
Am just reading the book for the first time so didn't want to watch it and ruin what happens! Am about 3/4 through it and loving it. Very sad in places though

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
The book is a lot better but that doesn't really say much as the film is poor. My favourite horse book I read as a child was 'My Friend Flicker' I loved it and cried almost all the way through reading it. Saw the film of it as an adult and thought it was the worst film I had ever seen. Will have to read the book again to see if it's as good as I remember.

Meems

Visit site
The book of The Horse Whisperer is 1,000 times better than the silly film. The book concentrates a lot on the horse, the film just seems to concentrate on Robert Redford. They missed a load out of the film. I thought it was a complete letdown. The film of War Horse was really cheesy in places, I was very disappointed considering it was Steven Spielberg.

But then, books are always superior to films!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I enjoyed the book and the film, although the film only very loosely resembles the book - but that can be said of most films. One of the best books I ever read was The Da Vinci Code, followed by Angels and Demons....if those films were supposed to be of those books, then they didn't read the same books as I did! The films were absolutely atrocious!

p87

Visit site
Well if I was that horse and my owner was a spoilt wee brat I'd probably behave like that as well in a bid to get away from her!

Too harsh? She did lose a leg or something didn't she? Ok...