The Flying Cow strikes Eland Lodge!

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I have only just got in a sat down after getting up a 5.30am! So shattered, but after a cavery my tummy is at least full
grin.gif

Hen and I went home this weekend, and my friends yard has no running water, so Hen had his bath on Friday and managed to stay reletively clean until I awoke this morning to very heavy rain! He wasn't too dirty but equally wasn't that clean
crazy.gif

Arrived at Eland Lodge in plenty of time, but somehow still didn't warm up enough, Hen did an OK dressage but he was too busy watching the SJ to really concentrate and ended up with a 37.5. His canter was better, still tense but he didn't break so I was happy!
grin.gif

After a 2 hour wait, I hopped back onto a very dozy Hen and warmed up for the SJ, it wasn't pretty! I have realised that a small collecting ring makes me feel sick, hence he warmed up very stilted and never really got going. Our round was pretty much the same, a bit stop start bit he went clear, although I really didn't deserve for him to be so clever!
smile.gif

On to XC and Hen suddenly got a burst of life, warmed up fantastically, flying everything, really going forwards
grin.gif
I was going directly after my friend, so Hen got very excited waiting to start and when it was our turn he shot of out the start box!
grin.gif
Flew the first three, I think people on the other side of the place could hear me shouting good boy!
blush.gif

He slipped slightly down the hill, so trotted, cantered at the bottom and popped the house, at the water splash I started to feel rather faint
blush.gif
Eventually I will learn I need to eat before XC! Hen kept going and did a lovely clear, had a few trots in places but always kept moving forwards
grin.gif

Had a slightly sticky moment at the Horseware Island, Hen needed a slight pause to consider were his feet would go
grin.gif
The Fence Judge (whoever you were Thank You!) was shouting encouragement, and he did it without incurring any stops!
grin.gif
Had lots of time penalties, but he's not really built for speed and it was a bit warm for him!
grin.gif

So finished on about 50 something, which I think was about 11th-ish!
grin.gif

Saw KatB, unfortunately didn't manage to spot Godfrey to nick off with him
tongue.gif

Eventually arrived back at the yard, after having to do a 3-point turn in the middle of the road (My clever Mother!) and alot of navigation, Hen came off the box a fresh as a daisy, same could not be said for me! Thank god for Bank Holiday Mondays and lie-ins!
grin.gif

Thank you for reading, hope it wasn't too rambley! Once again I am chuffed with my Flying Cow
grin.gif

Plenty of wine if you got this far!
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
very well done, that's a fab result. wish the fence judges would yell encouragement at me! eating before xc is optional, but you have to remember to have lots of water first, and most of all to BREATHE as you're going round...!
wink.gif

did it cause as many probs as the last event there, that seemed to cause carnage in PN and N.

kirstyhen

I want that Fence Judge at all my events!
grin.gif

I'm terrible for forgetting to breath
blush.gif
Water is always being forced down my neck from all my "helpers"
wink.gif

I didn't see the horses doing the PN and N equivalent classes, mine was the intro, but I walked the course and felt sick just looking at some of those fences! There were alot of clear XCs in my section.
Made me feel brave enough to perhaps attempt the Intro there next year, just need to suss the SJ
laugh.gif

kirstyhen

[ QUOTE ]
Wow well done! I missed you again! I think I arrived about 15 mins after KatB. Another good result for the flying cow
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw you were coming, so I scarpered!
tongue.gif
The flying cow is getting a bit of a reputation I think, the dressage judges always seem to comment
grin.gif

kirstyhen

Thank you everyone! It's the pony that deserves all the credit, he is a very special carthorse
grin.gif

A stud guard is needing to be bought though, as he has skinned his belly with his heels
frown.gif
He doesn't even wear studs, as the holes spread too quickly, so it was just his tiny road studs that have cut him, not too bad, just taken the hair of and scratched him slightly
frown.gif
but what a clever pony picking his legs up so high!
smile.gif

kirstyhen

I think we're finished for the season now
frown.gif
Moving house soon and it's costing lots of pennies, so competing has to come second
frown.gif

We'll be back next year though
grin.gif
and we've got a whole winters hunting to look forward to now
grin.gif

kirstyhen

[ QUOTE ]
Aaarrhh ok. Are you hunting 'up here' at all this season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully will be home to go out with the Quorn over christmas! I should really get visiting some other hunts though whilst I have a nice sensible boy to take, just avoiding their big jumping days!
grin.gif

kirstyhen

I think the Cow deserves most of the credit, he really is an good boy, I reckon he could take my Granny round a course like that
grin.gif

Hens having a rest now until the hunting season, although he will be doing "nannying" duties on a couple of fun rides!
grin.gif

kirstyhen

He certainly has, although that horse did enough in the first couple of years I had him to pay for his hunting for life!
grin.gif

(I would say enough to warrant early retirement, but he doesn't "do" living in a field with nothing to do)

walker1234

Visit site
not sure where we finished, an average dressage of 42, 4f and 2 time in SJ and 5 time in XC. Really enjoyed it tho, esp as he was a proper nightmare at the HT a couple of weeks ago there. Refused almost everything and took over 12 minutes to get round. Wouldnt even jump fence 3 in the pairs! Think I might do Brooksby next.