The gary parsonage xc training sessions - anyone been?

georgiegirl

Visit site
just looked into these sessions on the BE training site. Seem a good idea and very good value for money plus its a set of different schooling fences. Has anyone been or had lessons with gary before? what did you think?

They are marketed as BE80/90 although my horse is looking to move up to 100 after we have had our first run of the year (for various reasons wet weather then clobbered leg!) but still think they seem great value for money although I dont have a clue what gary is like as a trainer!

langside

Visit site
Someone did a report about the 1st clinic on here pretty sure they said they found it really good but it was run in an arena with XC like fences and not on the actual xc course

georgiegirl

Visit site
hmmm that may have been due to the weather I think. As you drive into BB now if you look to left as you go down the drive to the car park there are various new xc fences which I think have been designed for the purpose. The course schedule says to include steps and water so im guessing this must be it although it depends on what the weather does!

In a quandry as to wether to book onto this or book into a normal xc schooling place!

charlimouse

Visit site
Someone did a report about the 1st clinic on here pretty sure they said they found it really good but it was run in an arena with XC like fences and not on the actual xc course

This was because it was too wet. Bishop Burton have built a new training course, which they aim to use (and looks brilliant from what I have seen), however if ground is too wet they close it, hence you would do arena xc exercises. So I guess the gamble would be on what the ground is like :rolleyes:?

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
My daughter has done 1 and although the ground was a bit dodgy in areas (where isnt this summer!!!!) the clinic was great. The training ground is limited but it does have water, steps, ditch & corner so most things covered.
We will definately booked onto another one over the summer to get the young horse going as his competition plans have been hampered slightly by the rain.

Rado

Visit site
I went to the last one & thought it was great. They closed the xc course because it had absolutely chucked it down & did it for safety reasons. He did exercises in arena about aim & approach. I'm thought was very good for my green horses confidence. Im going to next one on Monday. I thought Gary was an all round nice, chilled out guy. I would book regular lessons with him & are going to ask him at next one. Thought it was good value for money too, was 1hr 30 mins long.