The Giant Goresbridge Pony has arrived!!

Dusty85

Visit site
So the new horse arrived this morning from Ireland. I bought him (Loughehoe Guy x Colin Diamond 4yo gelding) at Goresbridge on thursday at auction. He was then picked up and cared for by George Mullins (definitely recommend them) at their yard before a suitable share load was organised.

He caught the ferry last night and arrived at 6am this morning. Think he's been a bit shell shocked at the trip, Im pretty sure he's spent 12 hours plus on the lorry. He also looks like he's lost a little weight, although given the stress that the sales, and the journey would have put him through its not surprising.

He's spent the day chilling out and munching hay. He's also had his first vaccine today. He'll probably go out in the field in the next couple of days, although still isolated from the other horses until he's had the second influenza vaccine.

I went to see him after work, he's such a sweet heart, and seems to really love a fuss. He's babyish, likes putting things in his mouth and inquisitive into everything. He's got a couple of small scrapes probably from the journey, but nothing too bad. He has a largish one on his side (he had that at the auction). he can rush going through the stable door, so we suspect he may have knocked himself on something.

Id forgotten how big he is! We think he is 17hh. He's pretty gentlemanly about it though(and so he should be at that size!) and the odd time he's gone too in front when being led, a sharp tug with the lead rope and he's been as good as gold.

Below are some pics that my friend took for me when he arrived this morning:

New%20horse%209_zpsj3p9oco1.jpg

New%20Horse%205_zpsnnquqdzu.jpg

New%20horse%204_zpsybemjxfr.jpg

New%20Horse%206_zpsykurby57.jpg

New%20Horse%207_zpszfvcynr1.jpg

The plan is to just let him settle and relax for a week. He's on 'quarantine' where he is currently, but I might pop the saddle on and have a sit and walk next week, nothing major just keep everything nice and relaxed.

Im going to go out again on thursday to see him, I will take more pics then!

He still doesn't have a name! Just 'the horse' currently!!

Garnet

Visit site
He's lovely (and definitely looks like a "Henry" to me . . .)
Bet you are breathing a sigh of relief that he has survived the journey!
Good luck!

tashcat

Visit site
He's adorable! Glad he came out okay after the journey.

He looks like a 'Monty' to me, which kind of ties in with the Diamond in his name.

Let us know what you pick! :)

WelshD

Visit site
he looks lovely!

Did I see someone suggest the name Goose? I think that would suit him

Dusty85

Visit site
This.

I have to say he looks like he might grow some yet. Do you have a stepladder?

Sssshhhhhh. Im tempted to never measure him again. Just incase!

I do like my my big horses though, so shall just see how he rides and go from there. As long as I can keep him together in a 20x40 I shall be happy!

Thank you all :) I have to agree, I do think he's drop dead gorgeous, both looks and personality wise. It will be interesting to see how his personality changes over the next few weeks as he finds himself and relaxes more.

kassieg

Visit site
He looks great !!

Doesn't look like he's lost too much condition on the jlunjourney. My 3 year old i got in January had lost quite a lot bless her.

He looks really genuine ! Just something about him gives me a good feeling about him ! :)

Very jealous but very excited for you ! :)

Fools Motto

Visit site
Buddy!! Or Merlin
lovely horse.

I did have a horse called 'Horse', so beware ''the horse'' doesn't stick!! lol

PS - Maverick, cool good looking guy! lol

amage

Visit site
Looks lovely but I would be riding him asap...you have a limited time for him to go back if there are any issues so I would always crack on and ride for a few days then give them a break. I know there's only a tiny chance of issues but still better safe than sorry

vam

Visit site
He looks lovely :) I knew a horse that was called Biggles, which came from 'Big Horse' so be careful something like that doesn's stick! ;)